Birthday BBQ

Wing Commander

In my introduction I was asked for some german BBQ - so here we go:

Today it's my mom's birthday, so I created a little menu for her: A fish-plate as starter and tafelspitz as main dish (tafelspitz is a german and austrian cut of beef, that is similar to a tri tip - but it's quite not the same).

I started with searing the tafelspitz on my Louisiana Kentwood and continued low & slow on the CS-450 with mesquite pellets.

DSC04273.JPG

For the starter I seared some zucchini-slices that were formed to rolls with some feta inside later. Then I put some bacon-wrapped cod with pesto rosso in a fennel leaf, salmon and bell pepper halves on the grill. After searing the salmon was put onto the bell pepper halves. This was garnished with quickly warmed up salsola and the zucchini-feta-rolls.

DSC04274.JPG

DSC04275.JPG

DSC04276.JPG

DSC04278.JPG

As the tafelspitz reached an internal temperature of 140F it was - after resting about 10 minutes - cut into slices and served with a horse-radish-mustard-cream and salad.

DSC04279.JPG

DSC04283.JPG

DSC04288.JPG

DSC04289.JPG

For dessert we had a simple strawberry cake:

DSC04292.JPG

Last edited:

CarterQ

That looks awesome! Love the idea of the feta stuffed zucchini rolls. Beautiful cook all around, keep them coming!

ACW3

Really nice cook. The meal looks absolutely wonderful. You need to enter the weekly cooking contest with cooks like that.

Art

Top Bottom