Kotopoulo Skorthato: Lemon Garlic Chicken (with Potatoes and Rao’s Lemon sauce)

squirtthecat

Ok, we're heading to the Mediterranean tonight..

Based on original recipes found here and here.

Fire up the MAK to 355° and toss on some chicken parts, skin down.

IMGP9933.JPG

Start the sauce. Looks complicated, but I just kinda eyeballed and dumped.

IMGP9932.JPG

Looks like this.

IMGP9935.JPG

Quarter up some red spuds.

IMGP9936.JPG

Arrange the chicken (still skin side down) in the pan, arranged the potatoes and drown it all in the lemon/garlic/oil slurry.

IMGP9940.JPG

Onto the top rack of the MAK and up the temperature to 375°.

IMGP9942.JPG

At the 45 minute mark, I'll flip the chicken pieces over and let it roll for another 45 minutes.

Something for the cook & dishwasher.

IMGP9943.JPG

I need to find a Greek radio station on this thing.

IMGP9945.JPG

Stay tuned...

--

Rule #1. Use big enough pan to hold everything. I had to get another pan out to put the potatoes in while I flipped the chickens over. Sheesh.

IMGP9946.JPG

We'll check back in another 45 or so...

squirtthecat

I think we're done..

IMGP9948.JPG

Stabbed a potato.

IMGP9951.JPG

Used a Bradley rack to carry it inside.

IMGP9952.JPG

I tented it with some foil, and parked it in the microwave until MrsSTC gets back from her 5 mile hike.

--

This has potential. That sauce rocks. Period.

I need to figure out how to time the chicken and potatoes to cook *submerged* in that sauce, so everything comes out at the same time. The big split breasts had zero lemon flavor, while the thighs/legs had quite a bit. Same goes for the potatoes that were piled on top of everything, they were just like roasted taters, while the small bits swimming in the sauce were fantastic.

Practice Practice Practice..

Thanks for looking. ;)

Chili Head

Nice job squirt!
Could you use that slurry as a marinade overnight? Potatoes and chicken separate of course. I don't know how much of the lemon flavor the potatoes would soak up.

TentHunter

Hey, that Kotopoulo Skorthathalthalath....

Well, I can't say it but man it sure looks good! Those taters soaking in that juice... Yes, I'll have some please.

squirtthecat

Nice job squirt!
Could you use that slurry as a marinade overnight? Potatoes and chicken separate of course. I don't know how much of the lemon flavor the potatoes would soak up.

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Or tumble it all in the Reveo, then into a lasagna pan.

ACW3

It does look really good. I have had similar issues on a few cooks. It is worth it to dirty another pan to let everyone stay in the pool. I will be trying your Kotopoulo Skorthato.

Art

Top Bottom