Back 2 Basics BBQ

squirtthecat

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to go back to the fundamentals.

3-2-1 ribs.

IMGP9857.JPG

Score the membranes (I can never get them off of this particular brand), slather with mustard, and coat liberally with your favorite BBQ Rub. Going with Williams today and a Tabasco laced mustard for a bit of a twang.

IMGP9859.JPG

Into the Traeger at 225-245°.

IMGP9861.JPG

A little before 3, I'll give them a painting of Blues Hog cut with AC vinegar, and foil them for a couple hours.

--

Meanwhile, I was jamming to my new toy. Grace WiFi radio.

IMGP9851.JPG

It's loaded with Pandora, IHeartRadio, some NPR thing and NOAA Weather Radio. (and Sirius Radio if I wasn't too much of a cheapskate to pay for that) It's just a hair out of WiFi range on my BBQ patio, so I moved it to the deck.

Was is the operative word.. These guys made a close pass. I wish the would fly on the other side of the interstate!

IMGP9853.JPG

IMGP9854.JPG

Charlie Don't Surf!

--

Hit them with a 50/50 mix of Blues Hog and Apple Cider vinegar.

IMGP9879.JPG

Conundrum. I'm almost out of foil. :eek:

Ok, whack in half and into a deep pan.

IMGP9883.JPG

Cover tight.

And 2 stragglers that I manged to get wrapped up.

IMGP9884.JPG

We'll check back in '2'. Might not need the '1' at the end the way they are looking now..

squirtthecat

After about 90 minutes in the foil/pan.

IMGP9900.JPG

Back in and use up the last of the glaze. 45 minutes or so while the Traeger is cooling down.

IMGP9907.JPG

Oh Yeah..

IMGP9924.JPG

Took them inside, and that part of a rack ended up as 'Quality Control' over the sink.

Tender, indeed!

IMGP9926.JPG

MrsSTC said "this" is how you should make them for us from now on...

Awrighten!

sparky

1st off. your very best ribs i have every seen ya make good buddy. theeee best. love the 2nd to the last picture. those are big time in your face perfect ribs. i myself haven't seen very many ribs that are better than those. top notch. ok. now. i got the temp. so you didn't foil just cut in 1/2 and put in the alum pans covered up? then back on the smoker and some more glaze. glaze = 1/2 blues hog / 1/2 apple cider vin? they look good. i want a rack just for myself. large milk plz.

Last edited:

squirtthecat

Correct, into a deep foil pan and covered tight.. Glazed 3 times with 1/4 cup Blues Hog and 1/4 cup AC vinegar. I left the glaze pan on top of the Traeger so it stayed warm.

The cook was like 3-1.5-.75 instead of 3-2-1.

And thanks for the kind words! Mrs was very happy with these. (I kinda like them chewier myself, so I'll have to leave a partial rack off to the side ;))

Top Bottom