Sparky's Buffalo Brisket

sparky

this is a perfect example of what a great forum we have. a few different members of our forum found out i have never had buffalo before. so i got this.

this buffalo brisket is so lean. it looks great. welp, away we.

funstuff015.jpg

found a bottle of beef rub and something else.

funstuff021.jpg

you just can't cook buffalo unless your using your "Tatonka Dust". so, on it goes.

funstuff019.jpg

pretty.

funstuff023.jpg

to help w/ moisture (thats what i was told to do. i like the idea).

funstuff026.jpg

what a great picture.

funstuff027.jpg

see how i got the smoke to move from around the brisket. thats good photography. lol.

funnnn016.jpg

let it rest for 1/2 hour. cut it up. oh, very tasty.

finish004.jpg

put in back in tray. 1/2 cup of 4 men & pig spicy, 1/4 cup apple cv, 1/4 cup kids beer. poured on top. covered up real well and put back on mak. turned grill off. let the yumminess begin.

finish011.jpg

this is the 1st of two plates.

finish012.jpg

i just want to say thank you to both of my buffalo friends. this was the best brisket i have every had in my life. the whole family had 2nds. it was good.

Chili Head

I just found a place local that sells buffalo a week ago. I've been looking at trying some as well.

I'm drooling over those pics sparky! Seriously dood that rocks! Well done buddy!

squirtthecat

Oh man that looks good.....

I just found a place local that sells buffalo a week ago. I've been looking at trying some as well.

I'm drooling over those pics sparky! Seriously dood that rocks! Well done buddy!

Let me know how that works out... Been looking for a source myself. Might be worth a little road trip. :cool:

TentHunter

I don't know which looks better; the brisket or the mashed potatoes with the gravy it made! I guess I'll just have to settle for a little bit of each.

Pappymn

Tatonka dust? Is this commercially available? Did a quick search that came up empty. Sorry, I am new. BP should have newbies like me go to the kids forum until they are up to speed.

muebe

Pappy you and I can hang out in the forum sandbox ;)

Sparky just plain fantastic! You never disappoint :)

RickB

Spark your photography skills have reallly improved. As far as your cooking skills...those cant get much better. Great job!

HogSmoker

Sparky can you give a play by play I mean bite by bite on this WOW ! As GuyFieri says that looks out of bounds !

Tatonka3A2

VERY JEALOUS!!! I have yet to enjoy a buffalo brisket!! Yours looks amazing!!! The plan is this month to do 2 for a family get together.... we will see what happens.

Top Bottom