Every once in awhile

Deb

I cook without pellets... I'd like to do this in the MAK but I haven't been able to achieve what I want ...... yet

tonights dinner

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

this one is for Chili

IMG_1403.jpg

bflodan

Nice Deb!! That dough looks awesome and the crispy pepperoni I love! Are you willing to share that dough recipe?? I have yet to find my perfect one..

Deb

Nice Deb!! That dough looks awesome and the crispy pepperoni I love! Are you willing to share that dough recipe?? I have yet to find my perfect one..

Dan - I'll write it up for you - what size do you want to do? The pepperoni is Vermont Cure and Smoke Smoked Pepperoni - it is unlike any pepperoni I have ever had - I don't usually eat pepperoni but that slice with the honey was mine

Last edited:

bflodan

Dan - I'll write it up for you - what size do you want to do? The pepperoni is Vermont Cure and Smoke Smoked Pepperoni - it is unlike any pepperoni I have ever had - I don't usually eat pepperoni but that slice with the honey was mine

Thanks Deb.. Probably just looking at making 12 inch pies.. Usually like to make a couple different ones at a time... I do miss all the different Pepperonis I used to be able to get back east.. Not much choice out here unless you mail order them... Thanks again..

Deb

Dan - cool, 12 inch is what I did

This is for four 12 inch, I don't think this is my final version, it's good but I think can be better this but it will give you a start

Started by making a biga - 193 grams high gluten flour (if you don't have bread flour would be fine), 122 grams water, .4 tsp instant dry yeast - mixed it all together, kneaded for a minute or two, oiled up the ball, in bowl covered- I did about 12 hours room temp and then into the fridge for about 12 hours

Next day I made the final dough - all of the biga, 580 grams high gluten flour, 365 grams water, 4 tsp diamond kosher salt (morton kosher or sea salt would be less), 1.72 tsp olive oil, 1.32 tsp instant dry yeast - I mixed all together and then kneaded for about 5 minutes. Oiled the ball, into bowl, covered and into the fridge overnight. Next morning I split into four dough balls, oiled, onto a sheet pan, oiled, covered and into the fridge until about 2 hours before I was going to use (my kitchen was too hot and this probably should have been an hour).

I used crushed tomatoes with some oregano, granulated garlic and crushed red pepper for the sauce.

I preheated oven at 550 with stone for about an hour (stone was about 560 each time the pizza went on). Baked roughly 6-7 minutes

Below is the total dough formula, I used 25% of the flour, water and yeast for the biga, the remaining ingredients for the final dough

Flour (100%): 772.6 g | 27.25 oz | 1.7 lbs
Water (63%): 486.74 g | 17.17 oz | 1.07 lbs
IDY (.25%): 1.93 g | 0.07 oz | 0 lbs | 0.64 tsp | 0.21 tbsp
Salt (1.75%): 13.52 g | 0.48 oz | 0.03 lbs | 3.98 tsp | 1.33 tbsp
Oil (1%): 7.73 g | 0.27 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.72 tsp | 0.57 tbsp
Total (166%): 1282.52 g | 45.24 oz | 2.83 lbs | TF = 0.1
Single Ball: 320.63 g | 11.31 oz | 0.71 lbs

Last edited:
Top Bottom