Costa Mesa results

Big Poppa

Administrator
Big poppa smokers reserve grand champions!!!!! Left coast BBQ a team bps member killed it by 15 point to get their second GC! Money and happy ending swept the tables! This was a big contest for California with 68 teams. I'm tired

jimsbarbecue

Photos

Grand and Reserve Champions talking shop after the comp.
OCBBQ2012-0032-L.jpg

The BPS teams
OCBBQ2012-0033-L.jpg

Left Coast
OCBBQ2012-0020-Edit-L.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
you guys need to know just how great the teams we compete are..both as cooks but as people and characters....Woodhouse is just the best...they make artisan chocolate in Napa Valley Super fabulous and high end....they bring chocolate and other incredible delicacies around at least twice the evening before and then in the morning deliver gourmet waffles to at least thirty competitors,,,,we had an almond cream waffle with fresh cherries this week....

Left Coast are on fire this year and we couldnt be happier for them.....they also useour rubs so that is a bonus but we loved them before they used them. They fall into the characters category....Matt posts here...

Steph from simply marvelous is the very best neighbor...Big Mista is both a warm and kind man but is also a character....Sylvie from Lady of que...class and sweet but a serious threat....like the rest of them they want to crush you but you dont mind....

We are very passive and just roll over for them....HAHAHAHAHA

Love seeing Jim and Patti there....always fun and helpful

firehouse_bbq

Congrats guys, sorry we missed seeing the BPS team on Saturday. We rolled in on Sunday to help with PC, and had a chance to congratulate LCQ! they are on fire. I plan to use some money hoping for a happy ending at Pechanga in 2 weeks :)

See you guys there!

Pete

Congrats on the great results! Stupid question: I always read your comments on competitions and sometimes you think you cooked well but don't get the calls. Was this one where you knew you cooked well? I am fascinated by the whole competition world and am just curious if you knew you nailed it.

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK Here is the deal...I believe that we are at the level that we are always pretty good....sounds cocky but you have to have confidence. We have cooked well this year but things havent worked out as well as we hoped...This week here is what I thought Top 5 Chicken...we got 24th Probably 8th ribs...they were good but we have cooked better....12th.....pork I didnt know...Brisket I thought I cooked a good one but not my best.....I told people 25th and I got 4th....so there you have it

Matt Dalton

Thanks guys!..as always it was a great time seeing and cooking with you..oh wait a minute team BPS had their own private park and only had one team to share it with(SM)..one of these days I'll get you out of your shell Sterling I mean airstream..haha!..see ya in a couple weeks..pechanga should be a nice one.

Big Poppa

Administrator
good point Matty Im getting them...they wiil have all the teams logos on the back...Is it ok if we put our name on it too?

Top Bottom