First Ribs on 590

roburado

So, I've never done ribs before. I went to one of our rib experts, Sparky, and had him clarify for me his process. For some reason, I just had to have ribs this week. So, that's what we did today.

First, the rubbin' stuff.
IMG_2862.jpg

Used Yardbird on one rack. The other rack I used Little Louie's, but I added some fresh cracked pepper. I wanted a finer grind to the pepper, but I was too lazy to fix the grinder. So, I just used some Ancho.

A little yellow French's glue and the above rubs.
IMG_2860.jpg

On to the grill they went at 275F for two hours. Then, it was FL time. In the FL, I had Filipino Banana Sauce (kind of like a ketchup), some Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, and some butter.
IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

After FL time was over, after using the FL liquid to baste the ribs.
DSC_0174.jpg

Finished product.
DSC_0176.jpg

Served with a spinach salad with roasted pecans, gorgonzola, red onion, dressed with Persian Lime olive oil and lemon white balsamic vinegar. Made by De Bebe.
DSC_0177.jpg

Steamed artichoke with Piment D'Esplette mayonnaise. Also made by De Bebe.
DSC_0178.jpg

Tasty beverage to wash it all down.
DSC_0179.jpg

Thanks, Sparky! We really enjoyed that dinner!

roburado

Thanks, all. They were technically good. Meat was cooked perfectly. I hoped for a little more flavor, but I just didn't use enough rub, I think. I was afraid of getting them too salty. Doing more ribs today with more rub. Going to sauce up two of the three slabs too. We'll see how they come out.

Top Bottom