Boston Hills, NY 6/22 - 6/23 & Lake Placid, NY 6/29 - 7/1

KimG SOW

I'm going to post this now while I have the time, because I think the next week and a half is going to fly by for me.

Smoke On Wheels is heading to the NE. Planning to cook on both weekends with a visit to the 'big city' during the week. Visiting family in Brooklyn and lots of bbq friends. We can't wait!!!

We will let you know how we do after each one. :D

KimG SOW

Made it to NY! Now I can rest for a few minutes before the contest. It has been a couple of crazy weeks.

KimG SOW

We had an awesome time. It is always great catching up with friends.

We did not get any calls but ended up 8th Overall out of 42 teams! Congrats to Buffalo Meatheads for their 1st Win!!

KimG SOW

We had a great time in Lake Placid NY. Beautiful town!

Our girls, Kaylin as head cook, competed in the Jr World Championship Youth Division on Saturday. They had to cook chicken, ribs, steak, and dessert. They got 3rd chicken, 3rd ribs, 2nd steak, 1st dessert and GRAND CHAMPIONS!!!

In the KCBS Contest, we got 4th Chicken, 11th Ribs, 1st Pork, 3rd Brisket and GRAND CHAMPIONS!!!

Now we are on our way back towards the city so we can fly home tonight. It has been a great family trip but I'm ready for some rest. Lol

HoDeDo

So proud of Kaylin for really owning the comp, she worked hard! Most of the other groups of kids had 4-5. One on each catagory. Kaylin did all the cooking, and had help from her little sis policing the the cooksite/keeping tools clean and at the ready... Lexi D. (Diva Q's oldest), ran boxes, and helped Kaylin with QA, And Chloe from Good Smoke was also helping with general site support.

Parents could not touch the food at all. We could tend fire (not an issue wit the pellet), and do knife work. Only one could be an "advisor".

Kaylin trimmed her own chicken before cooking, and sliced her own ribs for turn in.... essentially leaving me to sit there lol
I did point out a couple things to her, one she did, and the other she told me to pound sand... but it all worked in her favor aparently!

Super proud Dad here... @ 11 she was competing against 13-15yr olds and held her own. I think I heard 10 times... Dad, Advise me from over there; I've got this. Way to go Kaylin!

Top Bottom