Block Party pulled pork

LarryF

So my Son's band got invited to play at a block party/house warming gig. He told the host that "my Dad makes the best pulled pork". Long story short I was asked to bring some. It is Friday night. I couldn't take Friday of due to vacation situation so I am making it tonight. My boss let me take tomorrow off. So I went to Costco and had to ask for a pork shoulder. I got it home and found out it was boneless. Will make due. Went for the "renowned Mr. Brown" out of the "Smoke and Spice" book and the "DR BBQ". Big pig pork injection. I am using Pecan pellets. This is all so last minute I hope it turns out. Got the injection done and the rub on. Here is a pic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

squirtthecat

Chili - come on over and we can deadhead out on one of our corporate jets!

They'd probably garnish my wages to pay the fuel bill, though.. :eek:

LarryF

Wow wow wow! Turned out most excellent. I taste the Pecan. Nice bark. Very happy that I put it back on the grill to firm up again. So many flavors. Best pulled pork yet. Thanks for all the help. You have turned me into a better cook. I kind of winged this one. I would have never had done that if I had not spent a lot of time watching what you all do.View attachment 1462

LarryF

The gig went over great. So did the pulled pork. That's my Son on lead guitar and vocals. Great night

Top Bottom