New York strip and shrimp

Chili Head

New York strips with shrimp and apple dumplings.

This dinner was for pops and what pops wants pops will get right?!
Dad wanted steak and shrimp..and he left it up to me to figure out the rest. OK then can do!
Plus this was his first pellet fired steak..he was impressed!

Alright let's start the show.
I needed 45 minutes to cook dessert so that went into the MAK first. I used wine soaked oak pellets on everything with the MAK set to 385 for dessert and the veggies.

First up is preparing the apple dumplings. I cut the apples into quarters, peeled and wrapped the quarters in the dough. Placed em into a buttered baking dish and covered them with a butter,sugar,cinnamon and vanilla mixture. Lastly I poured 12 ounces of grapefruit soda over the top and in the MAK they went. I used to use mountain dew for this but I like the grapefruit soda better..not as sweet.

46e1b29b-66ac-d883.jpg

46e1b29b-66ff-2be7.jpg

46e1b29b-6741-5fd8.jpg

46e1b29b-6751-dbab.jpg

While the dumplings are cooking I prepped the shrimp and veggies.

The shrimp were peeled and I made a mixture of parkay and little Louie's seasoned garlic salt and black pepper.
46e1b29b-6a82-7e25.jpg

46e1b29b-6a8e-17bc.jpg

The asparagus got some parkay and little Louie's dessert gold.

46e1b29b-6baa-941a.jpg

The corn was grilled au naturale..

The dumplings are done! Dang these smell so good!

46e1b29b-6c1e-3837.jpg

46e1b29b-6c86-d22c.jpg

46e1b29b-6c94-6f7e.jpg

Continued..

Chili Head

Alrighty..

The asparagus and corn in the MAK..things are going to happen fast now.

46e1b29b-6d8b-0017.jpg

Veggies are done and the steaks are going to be reverse seared on the grill grates. The steaks were seasoned with little Louie's double secret steak rub.

46e1b29b-6dd9-898e.jpg

I bumped the temp to high when the IT in the smallest steak hit 130. A few minutes later they went on the grates and some garlic knots went in.

46e1b29b-6e9b-d8ad.jpg

Turn flippy times 4..

46e1b29b-6ef4-6878.jpg

Whooo dang the smells are bringing out the neighbors.." John what you cooking over there?" MEAT! I said " lots of meat!"

The steaks taking a rest while the shrimp goes on.

46e1b29b-6f85-cf7c.jpg

46e1b29b-7020-78fc.jpg

Wow I can't wait to dig into this!

Let's do it! Happy fathers day dad!

New york strip, shrimp, corn, asparagus, garlic knots..I'm full just talking about it! A nice glass of concord grape wine to go with it..perfect choice.

46e1b29b-70f8-7700.jpg

46e1b29b-710a-b5db.jpg

46e1b29b-7117-e67d.jpg

46e1b29b-71cc-c3d8.jpg

Continued..

Chili Head

I cleaned my plate so I can have dessert..I'm a good boy!

46e1b29b-72f1-3c8e.jpg

Did I leave room for dessert? No not really but I'll have some anyway!

An apple dumpling with some home style vanilla ice cream. Oh man..

46e1b29b-7327-61a3.jpg

I'm sitting in my chair doing the happy dance while eating..what a great meal!

Cleaned that plate too..although I'm going to have to spend 103.7 hours in the gym this week to work all this off..

46e1b29b-7385-4107.jpg

Now we're all sitting around the table rubbing our bellies and my dad says " John I woulda paid 50 dollars for that plate" " thank you very much that was excellent".

Awe shucks... Thanks dad!

What a great tasting meal! Simply awesome! Everyone loved it all and left full and happy.
But I couldn't have done it without the MAK and the great seasonings from big poppa. Thanks for making me look like a rock star!

Thanks for looking!

sparky

oh my god. one of the best meals i have every seen on this forum. excellent food and real simply. "2 thumbs up garth". it don't get no higher than that. one question. what the brown sauce on top of the dumplings? your food looks fantastic. really, really a great cook. well done luke. ya done good. now put that light sabre away. :)

Chili Head

Sparky the plated picture has some of the syrup from the baking dish spooned on top. The syrup is made from sugar,cinnamon,vanilla and 1 1/2 sticks of butter simmered in a pan until the sugar dissolves.

Ingredients

2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
2 (10 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (12 fluid ounce) citrus soda. I like grapefruit.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Cut each apple into 8 wedges and set aside. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Roll each apple wedge in crescent roll dough starting at the smallest end. Pinch to seal and place in the baking dish.
Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Pour over the apple dumplings. Pour The citrus soda over the dumplings.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.

This is one of the first desserts I learned how to make. It's easy and hard to mess up.

soupyjones

That was one of the better plates of steak I have seen for a long time. Fantastic work. The dessert looked really tasty as well. How was the sweetness level?

Top Bottom