Smoked Chuckie Enchiladas

CMack1

I've seen a couple posts for chuck roasts lately, figured I'd give it a shot. Picked these bad boys up at the mega mart.

259-1.jpg

All seasoned up with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and cumin. Into the 1 star burning wine soaked oak, and a little black walnut that was left in the hopper. smoke for 1 hour then up to 250.

261.jpg

After several hours the IT was approaching 150, so I sliced up this stuff for the bottom of the pan.

262.jpg

All bedded up and on top go the chuckies.

264.jpg

Foiled over the top and back on the smoker. Cranked the pellet boss up to 350. Two more hours and the IT hit 203. Time to check. Looks good to me.

266.jpg

All shredded up. Nice smoke ring you say? Thank you.

272.jpg

Threw the peppers and onions from the pan into the blender, added most of the liquid, some garlic cloves, a little seasoning and some AP flour. Blended smooth, then into a pot to simmer and keep warm.

275.jpg

Then the meat went into a pan with the remainder of the drippings to sizzle up and get happy.

274.jpg

Warmed up some flour tortillas and rolled the sauce, meat, and shredded jack and cheddar into enchiladas. Topped with olive slices, sliced jalapenos, and scallion onion. Into the oven......

283.jpg

Plated.

284.jpg

Nothing fancy here. Paper plates, fresh avocado, and a cold glass of suds. They came out great. Will be doing this one again. Maybe even try pulled pork next time. Thanks for looking.

Top Bottom