Carolina Smokin' Hot Stachios..

squirtthecat

Trying something a little different this time.

Equal parts (as in 1 heaping cup, I ran out of Wooster, so I just added more of these to compensate) Bandana's BBQ "Carolina" sauce, cup of Jap juice, 3 pounds of those O-So-Wonderful pistachios..

IMGP0130.JPG

And 5T of melted butter than the MAK was keeping warm. Looks like 100 milliliters for our Metrically-inclined friends. ;) (coffee is for me)

IMGP0124.JPG

Dump dump dump.

IMGP0133.JPG

Gloves on, time to get interactive...

I picked up some pizza screens a while back, let's see how well they work. I bent up the edges to make a kinda-sorta-basket.

IMGP0132.JPG

Fits like a glove!

IMGP0138.JPG

Lid down, cruising at 200° (93.3333333° C!). We'll check back at 1600 hours..

Kite

Gotta love the Tacoma mug - it is right on the money today, cloudy and drizzle. Stacios look great as well! Can't wait to hear how they taste.

squirtthecat

you didn't use your tumbler thing. i always like seeing them turn all around. :)

I thought about it, but was too lazy to drag it down out of the attic.

This BBQ sauce is mustard based, so we'll see how it does. I've done it with Carolina Treet, and those turned out well.

Deb

like the pizza screen, they are much cheaper than any basket I have seen.

what do you do with all the jalapenos after you steal the juice?

squirtthecat

I picked up 3 off of EBay. Let me check the price, but they were cheaper than Cheetos..

I top off the jar with White Vinegar. KyNola gave me that trick. After a week in the fridge, you get that jalapeno 'punch' again. When the jalas in the jar finally turn to mush, they've given up all of their flavors and you can toss them.

CRG gave me that jar last summer, so I'm getting plenty of miles out of it. ;)

squirtthecat

Just looked and the pizza screens are around $5.75 a piece. That particular one is 20" in diameter. Fits over the 1 Star drip pan perfectly - w/ a bit of bending.

squirtthecat

Done and Done. Some of these near the edge of the drip pan got slightly scorched.

IMGP0145.JPG

IMGP0150.JPG

Parked in a cool oven now with the door cracked open.

Top Bottom