fathers day dinner

sparky

fathers day meal.

its complicated.

fathersday038.jpg

going to do a little cold smoking. i have never had a cold smoked steak.

fathersday046.jpg

must have my tatonka dust and my soileau's

fathersday053.jpg

let the smokin begin (or just continue some more)

fathersday060.jpg

a very cool person send me some honey to use in my FL.

fathersday078.jpg

pretty

fathersday094.jpg

jim said try the grape seed oil. he likes it. jims a pretty smart guy if you know um. he is a friend of mine so i try it. on bag w/ jim oil and desert gold the other bag gets chili oil and some soileau's.

fathersday106.jpg

steak never made it in the house. i called my wife outside and the 2 of us ate the steak together (kids can cook their own steak). it was thee best steak i have ever had. wife loved it. there was something about it. juicy. oh. after cold smoking it i put it on the mak w/ the ribs cooking @ 275°. i am so cool. it was big time von du pa.

fathersday117.jpg

cooked the wing on Hazel.

fathersday122.jpg

a great father's day dinner. i believe this is the winner.

finishingup003.jpg

the end.

sparky

these are part of this put didn't make it in the series. lol....

never cold smoked before. should be interesting. heh, get out of my cherries. daughters?

fathersday049.jpg

fathersday061.jpg

fathersday060.jpg

fathersday064.jpg

who ya going na call.

fathersday071.jpg

thanks art. your the best.

fathersday078.jpg

fathersday083.jpg

got both the girls fired up.

fathersday082.jpg

thats right. smokey, smokey rules. go Hazel, go Hazel, go Hazel.....

fathersday118.jpg

yummies all around.

finishingup003.jpg

now it really

thee end.

Last edited:

Chili Head

That round thing puts out a lot of smoke! Sparky I like how you roll man. Sometimes the food tastes better when eaten right off the grill.
Outstanding job my friend!

ACW3

Sparky,
That is a real deal plate of food!!! Looks good enough to eat, right off the screen. I'm glad the honey worked out. It is a little different than all the clover honey the stores sell, and sometimes hard to find. If you add an orange twist to you ribs one of these days, get some orange blossom honey. It is really good, too.

Art

sparky

Look's great Spark! How do you like the amnts?

i love it. i never had a cold smoke steak. thee best. i am going to get the 5 x 8 one though. i only wanted 2 hours of so of smoke. so i filled the tube 1/2 way. it was hard to light that way. and i couldn't tell how much i burned to keep track of it. for a pellet smoker i would get the round one. but, i'm cold smoking in Hazel because i can lower the rack all the way to the bottom and i can use my heat deflecter. no heat. so the 5 x 8 square one would work better for me. one word though, everyone get one of these. cold smoke. cold smoke. how cool. i have never colded smoked anything before. watch out. just pellets. no heat. i used the smoke cherries in margaritas that afternoon. they were good (it was one of those days were you woke up and started have adult beverages from the get go). i do want to give a shout out to marty and tanya for turning me on to a great product. thanks guys. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom