Candied Pork Tender Tips

squirtthecat

I see these at the store every now and then, usually mixed in with frozen packages of rib tips. They are the odds and ends from those $$ pork tenderloins you see from Hormel, etc. I found a bunch for 1.99/lb, so I bought them all. ;)

IMGP0153.JPG

Rubbed down with Annie's Garlic EVOO and some Oak Ridge BBQ poultry rub.

Line 'em up..

IMGP0151.JPG

MAK is cruising along at 250°. These don't take long to cook at all.

As they approached 130° or so, I mixed up a Balsamic Blues Hog glaze.

IMGP0166.JPG

Time for the 'candy' stage.

IMGP0159.JPG

Bump the heat up so we start to sizzle a bit.

IMGP0158.JPG

To quote Sparky - "Wa La.."

IMGP0175.JPG

Plated with some green stuff.

IMGP0177.JPG

PDG.

That was the last package from the freezer, so I need to keep an eye out for more..

ACW3

I flipped down the page (too quickly I might add) and saw your plated food first. I thought that was some glazed chicken. When I went back up the page I saw what it rteally was. I need to try that one. I like it.

Art

squirtthecat

Thanks all. These are fun to cook. Cheap & tasty eats. (we're all about cheap & tasty these days)

The glaze is..

1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 4-5 glugs of Balsamic vinegar (roughly 1/8th of a cup?), and then stir in an equal amount of Blues Hog. I parked it on the lid of the MAK to warm it up before applying the 'paint job'.

I need to order some of the good Balsamic. This was just some stuff that happened to be on sale up the street.

soupyjones

That might be the prettiest glaze I have seen for a long time. If it tasted as good as it looked it must have been a good feed.

Top Bottom