Father's day cook.

Kevin Arsenault

Hello everyone,

Today, I decided to cook a meal for my father. The dish consisted of a few of his favorites: a meaty steak, french fries, corn on the cob, and fruit dumplings for dessert.

I began by preparing a few potatoes by scrubbing and chopping them into strips. These strips were tossed in some garlic olive oil and placed on an oiled pan in the smoker. I also prepared the corn on the cob by wrapping it in tin foil and placing it alongside the fries.

IMAG0035.jpg

I put the prime rib-eye on the smoker after I took the fries out of it. The steak required nothing special, just a coat of salt.

IMAG0037.jpg

Some of the fries were tossed with white truffle oil, salt, ground pepper, and bbq rub.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

For the fruit dumplings, my partner and I peeled and cored apples, and chopped up strawberries. The apples and strawberries were both placed in the microwave, which was put on 50% power to soften them up. We chopped the apples after removing them and letting them cool. Then, we took Pillsbury biscuit dough and stretched it out with a little flour.

IMAG0044.jpg

We placed the fruit on top of the dough, and I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top. We then folded the dough over the fruit to seal it in. The dumplings were then placed in the smoker.

IMAG0046.jpg

After I removed them from the smoker, the dumplings were served with some more cinnamon sugar and ice cream.

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

Enjoy.

sparky

yo kev man. nice cook buddy. i love the little puff pastries. steak, homemade fries and corn. excellent meal partner.

Kevin Arsenault

Thank you everyone!
@squirt- the white truffle oil gave the fries a butter and meaty taste
And yes, there was some chocolate in the strawberries, but it did not come though.

ACW3

Truffle oil is a finishing oil, not a cooking oil. I have used it just before serving pasta or chicken salad. It add a new dmiension to the dish. Give it a try. Use sparingly. A little goes a long way for flavor enhancement.

Art

Top Bottom