Another use for the MAK Griddle!

Big Poppa

Administrator
You saw fajitas awhile back....Now its time for steak...Strube Ranch Texas Wagyu Rib Eyes ala MAK Griddle

Preheat the MAK to 260

Trim the steaks Coat with Annies Garlic Olive Oil
SMear some balsamic glaze on steaks
Sprinkle with BIg Poppa Double Secret Steak Rub

SMoke until it hits 110 then turn over
P1000151.jpg

When they hit 130 pull them and crank the heat up to 400 and put on griddle
P1000153.jpg

P1000157.jpg

P1000159.jpg

Cook two minues a side and let rest and serve

Big Poppa

Administrator
arrrgh the beef rub is done and so iis the Little Louies Seasoned Garlic Salt..But I am waiting on the :Little Louies seasoned garlic salt with tellicherry pepper and the desert gold white rub...similar to hasy bake greek but with the addition of lemon pepper Doing all the labels at ones are the only way it makes sense

CarterQ

No worries, I can wait especially for the Desert Gold that sounds killer, get em all together and maybe have enough for free shipping :)

Deb

Nice steak ... it's 6 am and now I'm craving steak

BP - maybe you should do a couple of the secrect ingredients instead of the gift certificate for the contest when they come out.

TentHunter

Gorgeous! I love the big areas of caramelization that a flat griddle gives. Personally, I'll take that over grill marks any day of the week!

Big Poppa

Administrator
My wife says..."This is perfect....I only want steaks cooked this way" I said "You'll take them as I cook 'em and be happy, now get me a drink!"....... Ok so I really said "No problem honey, can I get you anything else?"

MAK DADDY

Now that's putting the MAK to work, I love it! Great job BP 2nd HR for the griddle, send me some samples of the steak rub :)
Is there anything the MAK can't do? Oh yeah, someone requested and automatic spritzer, guess I will have to work on that :)

Going to try this tonight, of coarse my steaks are tiny compared to those :)

MAK Mamma

My wife says..."This is perfect....I only want steaks cooked this way" I said "You'll take them as I cook 'em and be happy, now get me a drink!"....... Ok so I really said "No problem honey, can I get you anything else?"

Good answer BP, that first response would not have been idea - although I thought it was pretty funny, but I wasn't on the receiving end :)

MAK Mamma

Hey BP - Bob used your technique, and I have to say the steaks were really amazing. I would have to agree that this was probably the best steak I've ever had. Keep posting your MAKlicous recipes!

Big Poppa

Administrator
I didnt really say the first part. My wife wears the pants. She says she doesnt...but we have been married 35 years...Imagine what I have had to put up with! hahaha

Big Poppa

Administrator
The griddle is the secret weapon....I am cooking scallops AHI Halibut and....Blackening Strube Filets...all on the griddle

MAK DADDY

Here are the pics of the MAKlicious steaks off the griddle, sorry for the quality I forgot my camera at work so the cell phone was it. I couldn't take pics of them on the grill because it was dark.

EVOO & Steak rub, smoked at 160 till IT 135, kicked the grill temp up for 5 min and seared 2min/side on the griddle. Oh yeah I sprayed the griddle with PAM before throwing the steaks on there. WOW what a sizzle that made when the steaks hit the hot griddle!

phone023.jpg

phone025.jpg

phone027.jpg

Top Bottom