What to feed a hungry Drum Line?

TentHunter

If you've been around here long, then you know my whole family and I are musicians & heavily involved in music. Circumstances have worked out in such a way that I am thrilled to be volunteering as the new percussion instructor for the Band programs here in our local schools.

There are 20 kids in the High School Drum Line this year. That's a pretty big section! :cool:

Before starting our Summer practices, I wanted to kick things off with a meet & greet cookout for the new & current kids to get to know each other. It's a lot of food. Roll out the MAK & Stoven!

So what do you feed a hungry drum line?

For starters, let's smoke up some Sausage & Cheddar Poppers while the rest of the food is cooking (both hot & sweet peppers)?
PCO12-1.JPG

PCO12-3.JPG

Next...

Well, it is a drum line... you've gotta have some Drumsticks, right?
PCO12-2.JPG

Some sheets of Ground Beef with Onion & Bacon for Bacon Cheese Burgers.
PCO12-4.JPG

BBQ Sauce & Monty Jack cheese for the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburgers. One small tray got some hot sauce & sliced blue cheese for some Black & Blue Burgers (one of my faves). Oh yeah, and what teenager doesn't like Mac & Cheese?
PCO12-6.JPG

The drumsticks are done...
PCO12-5.JPG

Slice the burgers, load up the buns, roll out the roasted taters...
PCO12-7.JPG

And get out of the way; them kids are hungry!
PCO12-8.JPG

It was a great time!

Last edited:

PaulyT

I hope the kids appreciated the special home cooking! While your crew is a little older, I remember going to fancy French restaurants (in France) with my parents when I was ~10 and I woulda much rather gone to a McDonalds. Now I REALLY wish I could go back and do that again!

HogSmoker

Those peppers look very good and I don't even like peppers or should I say they don't like me :) drum stick and burgers mac and cheese everyone must of been pleased...

Top Bottom