Bacon on a stick ;)

muebe

Started with St.Louis ribs from Costco...

IMAG2108.jpg

First rack rubbed with Instant Gourmet Original...

IMAG2109.jpg

The second one was rubbed with Fine Swine and Bovine...

IMAG2110.jpg

The third rack was rubbed with Super Pig Bacon Rub and some homemade "Deathpowder" (Serranos,Jalapenos,Habaneros, and red jalapenos) :eek:

IMAG2111.jpg

Memphis preheated to setpoint of 260F with oak pellets. Then I put on the ribs for 2 hours...

IMAG2114.jpg

Meanwhile I got some bacon out...

IMAG2112.jpg

Then I rubbed the bacon with Super Pig...

IMAG2113.jpg

Into the fridge with the bacon. After 2 hours I pulled the racks and 2 were foiled with brown sugar, butter, and honey...

IMAG2115.jpg

IMAG2116.jpg

muebe

And then the rack that was rubbed with Super Pig I did something different....

IMAG2117.jpg

I separated the ribs and then wrapped each rib in bacon...

IMAG2118.jpg

Then all back on for another hour...

IMAG2119.jpg

After an hour I removed the foil from the foiled ribs and moved the bacon wrapped ones to the top rack. Then I used the juice left in the foil to make a sauce...

IMAG2120.jpg

IMAG2121.jpg

I added extra brown sugar and honey to thicken the sauces and then re-basted the ribs every 10 minutes for 30 minutes. Then turned the two racks over and bumped the temp up to 350. After 10 more minutes the racks had a nice color and were finished...

IMAG2122.jpg

I gave the bacon wrapped ribs about 20 more minutes on the top rack to finish the bacon. Then pulled them.

IMAG2128.jpg

IMAG2127.jpg

Pulled and rested for a few on the cutting board...

IMAG2126.jpg

All the ribs after carving...

IMAG2129.jpg

muebe

Money shot of the regular ribs...

IMAG2130.jpg

Well all the ribs were great! The bacon wrapped ribs were amazing!!! The sweet of the rub and the heat of the death dust made for one great ribs. I will be doing this again :)

cowgirl

WOW! What a great idea! Those ribs look amazing... I can just imagine how good they tasted. Thanks for the post! :)

ACW3

Muebe, muebe, muebe!!! You have done it again!! What a concept, wrapping bacon around individual ribs!! Man that does look good!! I may borrow that one!

Art

Top Bottom