A few new appetizers

I decided to try a few appetizers before the tri tip tonight. I have seen quite a few threads on appetizers, and decided to try them. Some were new, some were old, but they were all good. First, I decided to try BP's idea of Portabello Pizzas from his Food Network Recipe:

Assorted Grilled Portobello Pizzas Recipe : : Recipes : Food Network

I modified a little, but the basis is the same. Here are the ingrediants:

IMG_4113.jpg

Grilled the Portabellos after cleaning:

IMG_4115.jpg

Topped with Pesto, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Tomatoe, Basil, and Garlic:

IMG_4116.jpg

Back on the MAK for 5-10 minutes:

IMG_4118.jpg

All done:

IMG_4121.jpg

These were absolutely fantastic, and not just because it was BP's recipe. I will do these again.

Then some Bruschetta (based on what RIP shared a while back). Brushed some bread with Annies Garlic EVOO and toasted:

IMG_4123.jpg

Once they were toasted, they were topped with tomatoes, garlic, fresh mozarello, and fresh basil, half were topped with pesto also (these were the best!):

IMG_4127.jpg

Then some ABT's:

IMG_4128.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

Great appetizers! The Portabello Pizza's were by far the best!

Kite

My wife will love you forever with those portobello mushroom pizzas. She can't tolerate gluten so that is a pizza that she can eat. I have seen BP's food network recipe but never actually *looked* at it. We will be trying that one.

Chili Head

Those poppers are beautiful! I like the rest too! Nice job.
Sometimes all I want for dinner is appetizer type food :D

Chili Head

What did you stuff those peppers with bud? Now that I'm looking at this on a bigger screen I see what looks like cocktail weenies maybe? Looking at those is making me drool...

Big Poppa

Administrator
try little smokies...crab, lobster...anything!

The idea for the pizzas came to me a long time ago...be creative with what you stuff with them....I do a mexican version with salsa and queso and jalapenos Anything you want to smoke use the mushroom as your boat....

Top Bottom