7 Pound Torpedo Fattie!

TentHunter

The MAK made a special appearance at the annual Church Cookout, where she cooked an almost 7 pound Italian Turkey Sausage fattie!

The Side shelf had to be removed to get it to fit in the back of my old mini-van. But we got her loaded up and off to the cookout.
CCO12-00.JPG

CCO12-01.JPG

Onto the Torpedo Fattie...

My friend Jason and I double teamed this one. He mixed up 4 pounds of Homemade Italian Turkey Sausage and put it into 2 gallon sized zipper bags while I made an almost 2 pound bacon weave. Layer on another pound of Roasted Red Pepper, onion & Mozzarella Cheese, roll it up and you end up with a 20 inch log totaling almost 7 pounds...
CCO12-02.JPG

CCO12-03.JPG

CCO12-04.JPG

What to do with the leftover bacon? Pig Candy Baby- YEAH!
CCO12-05.JPG

Done...
CCO12-06.JPG

... and sliced.
CCO12-07.JPG

Good food with great friends. It doesn't get much better!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

PaulyT

What a monster! Must've been fun trying to get that on and off the grill in one piece! :p

Nice job.

TentHunter

Thanks everyone!

Did your friends like it?

Judging by the moans, and how quickly it disappeared, I'd say yes. ;)

What a monster! Must've been fun trying to get that on and off the grill in one piece! :p

Actually, look at the pics and you'll see my little trick. Lay the bacon weave and roll the sausage log so it comes to the edge of the cutting mat. Carefully carry it over and roll it onto the grill. Roll it onto a cutting board to take it off. :cool:

HR.JPG

This was a really fun cook. Jason has recently caught the BBQ'ing bug, and since this was his first fattie, he had the honor of slicing & serving it. Of course he and I claimed pitmaster privilege and reserved the end pieces for ourselves (extra bacon). ;)

Top Bottom