Pork Burger Lunch on the Memphis Pro !

MrSS396

My wife picked up some fresh pork burgers from a local butcher shop for lunch. I decided to practice making some sear marks with the Grill grates. I'm getting closer and they were yummy !!

PorkBurgerlunch.jpg

TentHunter

Beautiful sear marks on those burgers and yet they still look nice and juicy. I'd say you're getting the hang of those GrillGrates just fine.

Kite

I did my first burgers last night - nothing even close to sear marks. Not sure what I did wrong. I ran the Memphis up to 375 and then put them on the grill grate. I am thinking maybe I needed to wait a while longer? When I noticed I wasn't getting any searing at all I bumped to 400. They eventually cooked and tasted great, but no sear marks at all. Any ideas?

ACW3

Pork burgers are great. I like them as a break from the "norm". How did they taste?

Kite,
My grill grates get hot enough at around 375 to leave nice sear marks. I place mine over the flame zone on my MAK, on the left side. Where are you placing yours? Do you have an infrared thermometer? You may want to check the temp of your grill grates before putting any food on them. Sounds like they weren't actually hot enough, yet. Could be that your thermometer is off, also. 375 may not be 375, but something lower. Just thinking out loud.

Art

muebe

Kite try placing the grill grates directly above where your burn pot is located and give them a little more time to heat up ;)

TentHunter

It depends on the design of the grill and the drip pan. On our MAK 1 Star, we get better results with GrillGrates on the left side (the drip pan tilts up to the left). On the Stoven they work best directly over the burn pot.

In either case, as Art & Muebe mentioned, it sounds like you need to let them heat up longer.

Top Bottom