First time...gulp

OneBallBiscuit

Competing for the first time...august 4-5 in Long Island, NY...

Kinda scared, but gotta start somewhere and learn as you go along, I guess...

Just practicing like crazy.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Keep it simple. Create a timeline. Do not do anything at a comp that u haven't practiced. Every becomes a genius at a comp and usually it's a mistake

OneBallBiscuit

Big Poppa,

I ordered the pellets from you a while back. Do they make the BBQr Delight pellets in Peach? I see other sites have them in 10 lb bags, but noticed you didn't have them. I am guessing those are likely old inventory that the other sites are selling?

KristenBPS

Big Poppa,

I ordered the pellets from you a while back. Do they make the BBQr Delight pellets in Peach? I see other sites have them in 10 lb bags, but noticed you didn't have them. I am guessing those are likely old inventory that the other sites are selling?

Hi! They do make Peach pellets, but are currently out of stock. Once we get word from BBQRS Delight that the Peach are ready the item will return to our store.

Candy Sue

Competing for the first time...august 4-5 in Long Island, NY...

Kinda scared, but gotta start somewhere and learn as you go along, I guess...

Just practicing like crazy.

Make a list of everything you use in practice. In addition to practicing the cooking, remember you are at a remote site and you can only use what you've got with you. If you don't use something, leave it home. If you have to get something, put it on the list. Even stupid things like a change of clothes (left mine behind one contest), which you are certain you won't forget. I find that something gets forgotten everytime. I just try to manage that so it's not something crutial I can't pick up along the way.

Good luck and have FUN!

OneBallBiscuit

Got ya...two quickies...what are the rules on the cleaning situation? what is required to bring/have? and also, are propane stoves allowed for sauces and injections to heat up?

Candy Sue

Soap/water, rinse water, clorox/water -- 3 pans. Or do what I do -- wash at home. I use disposable table covers, cutting boards and pan liners, have a knife/tool for each function. What I do dirty, goes home in the cooker after the contest for cleaning. I do carry a spray bottle of clorox solution and clorox wipes with me though.

I heat sauce in a stainless steel bowl or disposable aluminum bread loaf pan in the cooker. If you can, make injections at home, transport on ice.

Top Bottom