More Crab Stuffed Salmon

cowgirl

This is one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon (thanks to Carter!). Carter's post...

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pelletsmoking-com-gallery-10/crab-stuffed-salmon-3569/

I've been stuffing individual filets http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pelletsmoking-com-gallery-10/carters-crab-stuffed-salmon-3605/
but decided to do a whole side of salmon this time.

trimmed and left the skin on to protect while cooking.

83382294.jpg

added lemon slices..
647abcb6.jpg

then the crab stuffing. I use snow crab meat, minced scallions, garlic, sea salt and lemon pepper...

bf798227.jpg

drizzled with olive oil and sprinked with more lemon pepper...

e0a77c67.jpg

onto the Hasty Bake...

e4479b96.jpg

waited for the juice to show on top...

9f05338e.jpg

ebcaeac4.jpg

served with smoked rice..

1ebeacfb.jpg

98aa6b72.jpg

It was pretty tasty..

36294d6c.jpg

I'm turning into a fan of salmon. Can't seem to get enough of it lately!

Thanks for looking!

sparky

yummy jeanie. a great plate of food. i love salmon. you need to move closer to california so i can come visit ya. :)

ACW3

OMG!!! THAT looks outstanding!!! I may borrow that one, too. Jeanie, you are an amazing chef.

Art

HogSmoker

Cowgirl: hope this isn't a dumb question but can you describe the flavor / taste ? I know the taste of Salmon but does the crab and lemon change the flavor? Like everyone else I got try this....

cowgirl

Thanks muebe! :)

Sparky, I think I need to move closer too. Bring ribs when ya come to visit please! lol :D
Thanks Sparky!

Thank you Chili! I use white rice, chicken stock, minced scallions and herbs (what ever I have on hand). Instant rice works great. I place it in the smoker uncovered, take it out and cover after the liquid is absorbed. Then give it a stir. Regular rice works but takes a loooooong time to cook.

Art..Thanks friend! :)

Thank you Kite! Hope you take lots of pics for us when you do.

Hi HogSmoker! The lemon gives it a different flavor but the crab mixture doesn't. I like lemon on certain seafoods, not all of them. I like lemon pepper seasoning. I've tried using dry rubs on the salmon instead but they seem to overpower the salmon flavor more than the lemon pepper does. (hope that makes sense)
Use real crab! That imitation stuff doesn't compare!

Not sure if I answered your question, please let me know if I didn't. lol
Thanks HogSmoker!

HogSmoker

Hi HogSmoker! The lemon gives it a different flavor but the crab mixture doesn't. I like lemon on certain seafoods, not all of them. I like lemon pepper seasoning. I've tried using dry rubs on the salmon instead but they seem to overpower the salmon flavor more than the lemon pepper does. (hope that makes sense)
Use real crab! That imitation stuff doesn't compare!

Not sure if I answered your question, please let me know if I didn't. lol
Thanks HogSmoker!

Yea thanks Cowgirl !

cowgirl

Thanks NorCal and GA Que! :)
lol Cliff... it's easy to find, go south and take a right when you hit okla. :D Thanks!

BP and Tanya.. I wouldn't want the job. lol It would cut into my camping time. Thanks!! :D

Jiggle Racing, good luck with that steelhead! Hope you take pics for us. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom