wing, wing, chicken ding

sparky

i know i had a post like this before but i like saying "wing, wing, chicken ding".

flame zone covers off. oh, fire....

lets light the old girl up and see what she can do.

i like presents. got a box in the mail. a very nice person send me some new spices to try. its cool getting spices from different parts of the country. stuff i have never seen before.

morefood017.jpg

oh ya, salt free. i did the finger test and it was fantastic taste. i like salt free stuff.

got me some chicken wings. chicken wings are just fun. they put a smile on your face. 1/2 the wings got desert gold & 1/2 the wings got beniots / soileau's. this should be good.

morefood021.jpg

onto #336 @ 325° flame zone covers off. starting out on the rack.

morefood027.jpg

welp, didn't like that at all. how are you going to get a good crisp on your food if its not above the fire. i mean really. down they come. now were cooking w/ fire.

morefood028.jpg

thats right, now were getting a good crisp on them. my wife said don't bring those back in the house unless they good and crispy. "yes dear".

morefood039.jpg

i mixed up some bbq sauce, apple cider vin and some of the kids beer.

morefood034.jpg

oh ya. were looking good now.

morefood049.jpg

morefood046.jpg

all done. i'm so happy.

morefood056.jpg

my plate, don't touch.

morefood059.jpg

the flame zone w/ no covers on it is a great thing. it produces alot of heat. i need to get a longer paint brush. its hot and i only cooked at 325°. the new flame zone has turned my mak into a completely different beast. boo ya......

Last edited:

Deb

nice Sparky! I did wings last week for the first time on the MAK they were very happy

ACW3

Great looking wings, buddy. I love wings, too. I finish mine a little differently. I mix some hot sauce with a vinegar based sauce (Starnes would be good) about 50/50 and then dump the wings into the bowl, pub style, to coat them. This gives them a little bite and a little zing. Good stuff.

Art

Note to self: Get some wings for the weekend.

Top Bottom