Friday Contest Again...Cmon Newbies! 6-29-12

Big Poppa

Administrator
Time to crush Poppa's Piggy bank again! Is it me or do Fridays seem to come and go quicker?

First Place $25 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Second Place $15 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
third Place $5 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers

$5 store credit for everybody else that enters!

OneBallBiscuit

Nice. Was hoping for a contest! Will be my first! Going to do a pork shoulder in between feeding the babies. Not creative, but hope it looks good!

ACW3

BP,
The older we get, the quicker the Fridays do seem to come. Must be we are having fun! I remember the time (before retirement) when the Fridays never seemed to get there. I wasn't having as much fun then, I guess.

Art

sparky

Do you want to give the win to Chili now or just wait for his cook ;)

lets not get ahead of ourselves. who says chilis going to win. ya know if his wife would stop buying him groceries we'd have a chance. might be time for one of the old guys to get the big kahuna. ;)

Last edited:

muebe

lets not get ahead of ourselves. who says chilis going to win. ya know if his wife wouldn't buy him groceries we'd have a chance. might be time for one of the old guys to get the big kahuna. ;)

Sparky even without groceries he would go out back and gather leaves and twigs then make some contest winning organic soup!

Only chance is to disable his Internet connection :)

sparky

Sparky even without groceries he would go out back and gather leaves and twigs then make some contest winning organic soup!

Only chance is to disable his Internet connection :)

i like the way you think. road trip. bring your wire cutters. ;)

sparky

I'll start.

welp, wife and daughter got school this afternoon & tonight. so, i had some food ready at 2 pm for them. lets start off w/ some costco tri's (its the meat of choice around this house). some mystery rubs (the rub on the right was way, way better).

ribsribsribs068.jpg

i got myself the 5 x 8 a-maze-n thing. didn't like the torch. so i came up w/ my own idea.

ribsribsribs061.jpg

rubbed 2 sticks together and make fire.

ribsribsribs062.jpg

cold smoking some tri's.

ribsribsribs077.jpg

below 100°. happy, happy. Hazel is in the shade and looking good.

ribsribsribs081.jpg

cold smoke for 2 1/2 hours. time for fire up #336. set to 275° and all probed up.

ribsribsribs092.jpg

thru them in the warming side of #336 once they hit 120°.

ribsribsribs109.jpg

used my new mak tool and took off the flame zone covers and crank this baby up to 450°.

ribsribsribs111.jpg

got some green sticks (this if for TH) w/ some grape oil and desert gold.

ribsribsribs116.jpg

thats what i call temp control (at the grate level baby).

ribsribsribs122.jpg

cont. time to turn the album over.

Last edited:

sparky

cont,

everyone in the hot tub (see, not in the pool because were cooking hot and heavy. its funny, laugh more or maybe drink more).

ribsribsribs142.jpg

everyone's @ 140°. were done.

ribsribsribs151.jpg

oh, juicy.

ribsribsribs159.jpg

green sticks are done cliff.

ribsribsribs169.jpg

they are good too. you would have liked them. still crispy.

ribsribsribs165.jpg

marley: "heh, cut a piece off and throw it down here dummy".

ribsribsribs146.jpg

cutting it up. can't find my electric knife.

ribsribsribs182.jpg

ribsribsribs174.jpg

big old plate of tri tip soaking up juicies.

ribsribsribs184.jpg

made up some stove top stuffing (i like it) and served myself up.

ribsribsribs190.jpg

2 thumbs up garth. a great early afternoon meal.

Chili Head

Hahaha I'm judging this week so no worries! I'm in Kentucky at the speedway for the NASCAR races this weekend. These guys know how to cook! I don't have pics but I had pizza from a dutch oven on an open pit. It was awesome and I'll be showing y'all soon if I can duplicate it on the MAK. We'll see..

Wing Commander

Saltimbocca

After brining 4 schnitzel, I applied some cream cheese on them, put a slice of ham on it, some sage leaves and another slice of ham. Then they were rolled and grilled on the Louisiana Kentwood with oak pellets for about 20 minutes. The saltimbocca was plated up with salad and sage butter.

DSC04607.JPG

DSC04608.JPG

DSC04609.JPG

DSC04610.JPG

DSC04611.JPG

DSC04614.JPG

DSC04617.JPG

DSC04618.JPG

DSC04619.JPG

DSC04622.JPG

Kite

Uh.......can anyone explain what I may have done wrong? I followed the same process as I have done before

I don't know what you did wrong, and the links and thumbs are definitely annoying, but after clicking on the thumb, the plate looks AWESOME!! So on computer work.. it's a 1, grill work.. out of the park!!

Wing Commander

Sunday chicken

Today I made some chicken: deboned thighs, drumsticks and lollipops. They were cooked on the Louisiana CS-450 with cherrywood-pellets at about 220 F for 3 hours. Glazed with a mixture of Sweet Baby Ray's Raspberry Chipotle and melted butter and plated up with asparagus-salad and cucumber-salad.

DSC04623.JPG

DSC04627.JPG

DSC04629.JPG

DSC04630.JPG

DSC04631.JPG

DSC04632.JPG

DSC04636.JPG

DSC04638.JPG

DSC04642.JPG

Last edited:

wneill20

I will play this week, Debonded stuffed chicken and squash casserole
Some of the team
Players.jpg

Cheese rice stuffing
ChesseRice.jpg

Chicken Stuff with cheesy rice, sausage, cheese, green onions
StuffedChick.jpg

Squash casserole, It has been layered with zucchini, onion, tomato, cheese, and bacon on top
SquashCasserole.jpg

Chicken ready for the smoker
Ready.jpg

On the smoker
TeamOnSmoker.jpg

Squash done
SquashDone.jpg

Chicken done and resting.
ChickenDone.jpg

Chicken sliced
ChickenSliced.jpg

My plate