Contest! Keep the fabulous Entries coming!

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK Lurkers dive in....there is no better time....

first place $25.00 store credit Big Poppa Smokers
Second Place $15.00 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Third Place $10.00 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
$5 for every other entry!

sparky

winer winer chicken diner

the mrs and daughter #2 have class tonight. so early dinner (maybe a late lunch).

using two of my favorites chicken rubs.

chicken002.jpg

oh, pretty.

chicken007.jpg

thru some oak pellets on to keep it legal.

chicken013.jpg

a little flippy, flippy.

chicken017.jpg

nice color to the birds.

chicken019.jpg

chicken021.jpg

were done. 160° is the magic chicken number.

chicken031.jpg

just a great meal.

chicken034.jpg

ok, well everyone fat and sassy now. i'm going out in the garage and having a FT and watching some Tv. winner, winner chicken dinner is this weeks winner. ya ya ya. i would like the thank the academy for giving me this honor. lol.......:cool:

Last edited:

FLBentRider

Keep it simple Flank steak

A couple of flank steaks with some Big Poppas Double Secret Steak rub.

DSC_2703.jpg

On the MAK set to HIGH with grill grates
DSC_2704.jpg

The turn
DSC_2705.jpg

The rest
DSC_2709.jpg

DSC_2708.jpg

Sliced
DSC_2710.jpg

DSC_2711.jpg

RickB

Some Down Home Comfort!

Smoked Meatloaf and Mak Mac-n-cheese

Put the meatloaf together. Some onion, green pepper, oats, tomato, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley, paprika and 2 lbs 75/25 ground beef. Shape into a loaf.

IMG_0669.jpg

Onto the Mak at 275 with the tube smoker.

IMG_0670.jpg

Cook for 2.5 hours and pull to add the topping.

IMG_0673.jpg

Some chili sauce, ketchup and mustard. Slather it on.

IMG_0675.jpg

Back on the Mak. Let’s make some Mak Mac an Cheese.

Mak to 350 and let’s let them finish

IMG_0678.jpg

30 minutes later we got dinner!

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Looking good! Add some Veggies!

Plate it up

IMG_0683.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

MSUSmoker

I got bored today after doing my chores and decided to experiment with some chorizo. First I prepped a beer butt chicken. I moderately applied some olive oil, santa maria and BPS Money Rub. Sat it on a sturdy can with some warm beer and let it go.

P1020918.jpg

Then I got the fun stuff out.

P1020919.jpg

Slice the jalapenos in half and cored them. Then added cream cheese, chorizo and shredded sharp cheddar. Proceeded to wrap them in bacon.

P1020920.jpg

P1020921.jpg

P1020923.jpg

P1020925.jpg

P1020927.jpg

I then got a really wild hair up my backside and decided to put my extra chorizo into a skinned and cored avocado, then add cheese and wrap that in bacon.

P1020928.jpg

P1020929.jpg

P1020930.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:

MSUSmoker

Part 2:

We put it all on the smoker and wait...

P1020931.jpg

Buffalo Turds come off first, then the avocado turds then finally, after some coaxing, the bird.

Here's a shot of the whole ordeal.

P1020956.jpg

P1020948.jpg

Close up on an avocado turd.

P1020949.jpg

A few more, lots of fun!

P1020952.jpg

\
P1020959.jpg

P1020960.jpg

P1020962.jpg

P1020952.jpg

Deb

MAK breakfast!

Kevin has some friends here for the weekend. They showed up about 2:30 am Saturday morning. I came downstairs Saturday to the required house entry fee:
photo-109-5.jpg

So, since they brought me beer I said I'd cook for them this weekend. What do you want for breakfast I asked... french toast they said......ok... I can do french toast

first thing this morning (long before I was going to see any of them) I started the bacon:
photo-112-3.jpg

photo-113-2.jpg

bacon went into the oven at the lowest temp so the MAK could cool down some so I could clean the grease out. after it was clean the griddle went in

mixed up some strawberry & regular cream cheese with some strawberries, into the middle of some italian bread
photo-116-1.jpg

onto the griddle, when they were just about done some of the canadian bacon Kevin made this week went in
photo-115-2.jpg

strawberry stuffed french toast, bacon, canadian bacon
photo-114-2.jpg

everyone is full

Meat Man

Deb that look so GOOD!!! A case of FT nice way to spend the day. I can't wait to see what's for lunch and dinner.

Smokinman88

Smoked Cheese And Grilled Onion Stuffed Burgers with home made Fries

Decided to try my hand at some stuffed burgers and home made Mak grilled fries. Both of them turned out great and I will definitely do them again.

BBQ1.jpg

Making the 80/20 patties
BBQ2.jpg

Adding the grilled onions.
BBQ2a.jpg

Adding the smoked gouda, cheddar and BP's Double Secret Steak Rub & Seasoned Garlic
BBQ3.jpg

BBQ4.jpg

BBQ6.jpg

Adding some more of BP's DSSR yummy!
BBQ7.jpg

Smoking and grilling the bacon for the burgers.
BBQ8.jpg

Prepping the home made fries.
BBQ9.jpg

Brushed on some Olive oil and added BP's DSSR, LL's SG and a little sea salt.

Smokinman88

Continued

BBQ10.jpg

Look at those Fries!
BBQ11.jpg

Added some more smoked gouda and freshly smoked bacon.
BBQ12.jpg

All plated and ready to eat :)
BBQ13.jpg

The money shot! Look at the cheese and onions oozing from the middle :)

Last edited:

Kite

Holy Buckets! I just threw my cook in the bin.. no sense messing with it after looking at those burgers. Got any left overs? I live just up the hill from you.. I can be there in about 5..

wneill20

Beer Can Chicken and Potato Bombs
Here is the beginning.
1.jpg

Cut a hole in the center of the potato and stuff with what ever you want.
Potato1.jpg

Got to have some bacon
Potato2.jpg

Wrap in bacon and foil.
Potato3.jpg

The chicken on the stand ready to go
Chicken.jpg

Stuff a few mushrooms with cheeses
Mushrooms.jpg

On the smoker after and hour or so.
Chicken2.jpg

My plate that is some good potatoes
MyPlate.jpg

Tatonka3A2

Chicken and Sausage Alfredo Kabobs

Fixings for the kabobs... sausage, onions, mushrooms, couple colored peppers, and the chicken. The chicken was seasoned with some garlic olive oil and salt & pepper.

On the Yoder with the AMZNPT.

While these were on I cooked up some penne pasta and drained that. I threw the pasta in a saucepan along with a canned Alfredo Sauce, extra cheese, some shredded bacon, and a little Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce for a little bit of a kick. I let this all come together while the kabobs were cooking (somehow missed pics of this step).

Almost done....

Served up Family Style - Alfredo noodles on the bottom with the kabobs on top along with some grilled garlic toast.

Will be making this again... would work great for those picky people. Let them make their own Kabob with what they like!

Last edited:

Kite

Meatload a la Memphis (Sorry Rick, I saw you did a meatloaf this week also. But I have been planning this one all week and couldn't make that change). So that being said, here we go..

I started with ground beef, hot Italian sausage, oats, eggs, worcestershire, onions, bacon (cut into small pieces and fried first), various spices and rubs and mixed it all together

DSC01824.jpg

DSC01827.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

Then I put about 3/4 of it out in a loaf formation and put a groove down the middle. Then I cut up pepperjack and cheddar into spears and filled the groove

DSC01835.jpg

Then I took the rest of the meat mix and formed the lid

DSC01838.jpg

Then onto the Memphis at 250 for 1 hour to smoke

DSC01840.jpg

After an hour I bumped the temp to 350 and added some buttered and seasoned potatoes. I also made a glaze with BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice and glazed the loaf

DSC01846.jpg

About a 1/2 hour after that I added some corn with butter and lemon zest and put another layer of glaze on the loaf

DSC01854.jpg

cont..

Kite

cont..

While this was all cooking I made a peach, strawberry, and blueberry crisp

DSC01843.jpg

DSC01847.jpg

DSC01850.jpg

As you can see from the last picture on the previous post, I slid the crisp in between the potatoes and corn. When the loaf hit IT 165 I pulled it and removed the foil from the crisp (didn't want meat juice dripping in the crisp)

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

Here is my plate..

DSC01864.jpg

And now I can hardly move..

DSC01866.jpg

But definitely NOT too full for some crisp with some homemade blueberry ice cream.. YUMMM!!

DSC01868-1.jpg

This is one of, if not *the* best meatloaf I have ever eaten. Good smoke flavor and just enough kick to make it explode in your mouth. And cooked absolutely perfectly (as far as I am concerned anyway).

MossyMO

65 day Drybag Aged Rib-Eye, Shrimp and Twice Baked Potato

This time Drybag aging steaks went about 3 weeks longer to see if there was much difference. At this point neither my wife or I saw much difference, still a darn good steak and an interesting method to try, the rib-eye was still very tender and flavorful.

Here is the rib-eye roast after 65 days in the Drybag and refrigerated.

-----

Here is a close up shot of a few of the steaks trimmed, sliced and ready to be vac sealed for the freezer or put on the grill.

-----

Here are the chosen steaks for last evenings meal with Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, Canadian Steak Seasoning and Tatonka Dust.

-----

Rib-eye's and Twice Baked Potatoes getting some smoke from the tube smoker for about an hour with the grill running 150º.

-----

Then fired up the grill to 500º and gave the steaks a quick searing on both sides on the GrillGrates.

-----

While the steaks were resting the the shrimp got a few minutes on the hot grill for a quick cook.

-----

Plated for the finish line...

-----

Bon Appétit!

Thanks for looking!

Chili Head

First off I want to say..FANTASTIC job everyone!
It looks like a lot of you were craving the same foods this week. Here are the this weeks warriors in no certain order.

Sparky - chicken diner
FLB - flank steak
RickB - meat loaf with mac and cheese
Msusmoker - chicken and chorizo
Deb - stuffed French toast
Smokinmak88 - stuffed burgers
Mossymo - dry aged ribeyes
Kite - chicken and potato bombs
Tatonka - kabobs
Kite - meatloaf and a cobbler dessert

3rd place goes to MossyMo!
Those dry aged ribeyes looked top notch! You got a perfect sear on that meat too! And you paired it with grilled shrimp and twice baked potatoes..the perfect side dishes for steak. I really liked the crust you got on the potatoes too. I can imagine the beefy rich taste of that ribeye now! A very nice plate.

2nd place goes to MSUSmoker!
I haven't done a beer can chicken in a long time. Yours turned out awesome! It looks moist and delicious! Now...you really got my attention when you brought out the "fun stuff" ! Is there anything finer than a stuffed jalapeño stuffed with cream cheese and chorizo and wrapped in bacon!? OK yeah maybe but not much! I liked your creativity when you stuffed the avocado as well. When people try new things and show it it gives everyone else new ideas as well..good job! You had a great presentation and nice pictures too.
Well done!

First place and this weeks grand champion is....Kite!
Meatloaf stuffed with pepper jack and cheddar..cut that baby in half and plate me up!
I like they way you used beef and sausage. It just makes it more better don't it? The glaze you made sounds really good and I bet was delicious. Excellent pictures and presentation but what took this to the top was the peach, strawberry and blueberry cobbler. Dinner and dessert..full meal deal. I really liked that you cooked the cobbler in the MAK. And the flavor the pellet grill gives to desserts is out of this world isn't it!?

Most excellent job everyone! You all presented something I wanted to try..I can't wait till someone invents smell a vision!

Congrats to the winners!
To everyone else thanks for playing!
A big "Thank you" to our sponsor Big Poppa!

Last edited:

RickB

Congrat's to the winners, nice cooks. Thanks for judging chili and a shout out to BP for the forum. Nice job everyone!

Top Bottom