Sam's Club Woodbury, MN Comp happening now

TTNuge

Sitting in the parking lot, all set up and ready to go. Beautiful day after a brief rain storm dropped the temp by almost 10 degrees. They got us packed in here like sardines so I'm glad there's a nice breeze. We're set up right across the parking lot aisle from "Famous Dave" himself, I knew the team was going to be here but a bit surprised to see him out as well.

A special thanks to Big Poppa and his crew, my team-mates "Money" order arrived just in time this morning, about 10 minutes before we were scheduled to head out the door. We're definitely a team dominated by "Money and Happy Ending" on our meats so we're hoping for some Money and Happy Endings in return! Maybe with a decent pay day I can finally get that One Star I've been wanting to add to the arsenal.

Hopefully we'll have some good luck to report tomorrow about this time.

Trent

TTNuge

I bet we could find too for another banner too.......

a6895826-bd56-17b7.jpg

Pappymn

Good luck. I live in Woodbury but will not be able to watch. A little thing called my ten year anniversary trumps BBQ.

TTNuge

That's too bad Pappy. Feel free to stop by tomorrow morning or something, even if for just a few minutes. I know the Sam's Club store has a few special events going on at some point.

Pappymn

Came over and did a quick walk around as I had never been to a comp before. Looks like a lot of fun. Didn't know what team you were on or I would have said hello. Should be a nice night weather wise for cooking.
Good luck, and post results.

TTNuge

So close, yet so far.

10th Chicken
10th Ribs
6th Pork
27th brisket

(I cooked the chicken and pork while my teammate did the ribs brisket)

I was happay because I've been struggling with my pork. And the chicken was a big improvement over the last comp. But a middle of the road finish in brisket would have us moving on to Rockford. Oh well, wasn't meant to be. The competition was TOUGH for this one, some real high scores and big names for around here.

We'll be trying again in a few weeks, probably the last comp of the year for us.

Last edited:

Meat Man

Nice set up, we had a lot of fun at our Sams comp. That looks like a tough field you cooked against. You almost got Famous Dave at his speciality, Ribs. Well done.

Top Bottom