PDA

View Full Version : Mason City, IA - Up In Smoke BBQ Bash 7/27-28

KimG SOW
07-25-2012, 03:48 PM
After 3 weeks off from competing, SOW is heading to northern Iowa this weekend. This is a fantastically run contest with a number of talented teams. Can't wait to see everyone!!

Chili Head
07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Go get em and good luck!

Big Poppa
07-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah two BPS Rub teams going head to head...Smoke on Wheels and Pigskin....Im rooting for both of you!

Matt Dalton
07-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Good luck to both teams..Seriously stacked field there in Mason City no doubt about it.

HoDeDo
07-30-2012, 09:41 AM
We love Mason City, because we get to spend time with friends from up that way. It's always good to see Darren, Shad, and the rest of the Iowegians power houses too, But we take a long weekend, and get to spend extra time with Swine Assassins and Big T's Q Cru!!
What a blast, as usual! And 73 degree weather doesn't hurt. We felt like we got extra lucky, because Mike and Chris Peters were there with the BBQ Tour as well... so we got to spend time with them too! Our finish was meddling. two top 10 calls, and two not... so a 5th overall finish. Top 5 was pretty tight, so we felt good about our finish. Big congrats to our other friends from up there - PigSkin!! Great finish in Des Moines!

Now its off to Laurie, MO this coming weekend... then a trip back to NY -- Westpoint!! I'll be suiting up in my Big Guns BBQ gear to raise money at the cigar dinner for the wounded warriors. Can't wait to see Sean, and meet the guys from the Warrior Transition Unit there.

KimG SOW
07-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Now its off to Laurie, MO this coming weekend... then a trip back to NY -- Westpoint!! I'll be suiting up in my Big Guns BBQ gear to raise money at the cigar dinner for the wounded warriors. Can't wait to see Sean, and meet the guys from the Warrior Transition Unit there.

BP - just so you know I won't be able to let you know the results because I won't be there. Andy is on his own for Laurie. ;)

HoDeDo
07-30-2012, 08:03 PM
BP - just so you know I won't be able to let you know the results because I won't be there. Andy is on his own for Laurie. ;)

I will do my best to have my phone charged. It's usually dead by Friday night!

Big Poppa
07-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Ok darlin Kim not andy!