Mason City, IA - Up In Smoke BBQ Bash 7/27-28

KimG SOW

After 3 weeks off from competing, SOW is heading to northern Iowa this weekend. This is a fantastically run contest with a number of talented teams. Can't wait to see everyone!!

HoDeDo

We love Mason City, because we get to spend time with friends from up that way. It's always good to see Darren, Shad, and the rest of the Iowegians power houses too, But we take a long weekend, and get to spend extra time with Swine Assassins and Big T's Q Cru!!
What a blast, as usual! And 73 degree weather doesn't hurt. We felt like we got extra lucky, because Mike and Chris Peters were there with the BBQ Tour as well... so we got to spend time with them too! Our finish was meddling. two top 10 calls, and two not... so a 5th overall finish. Top 5 was pretty tight, so we felt good about our finish. Big congrats to our other friends from up there - PigSkin!! Great finish in Des Moines!

Now its off to Laurie, MO this coming weekend... then a trip back to NY -- Westpoint!! I'll be suiting up in my Big Guns BBQ gear to raise money at the cigar dinner for the wounded warriors. Can't wait to see Sean, and meet the guys from the Warrior Transition Unit there.

KimG SOW

Now its off to Laurie, MO this coming weekend... then a trip back to NY -- Westpoint!! I'll be suiting up in my Big Guns BBQ gear to raise money at the cigar dinner for the wounded warriors. Can't wait to see Sean, and meet the guys from the Warrior Transition Unit there.

BP - just so you know I won't be able to let you know the results because I won't be there. Andy is on his own for Laurie. ;)

Top Bottom