Reboot Pellet Boss

dmarotta

For several months I have been having the same start up problem. After programing the Pellet Boss, the readout tells me that the pellets are igniting but nothing happens. I then turn of the Pellet Boss, reprogram and then it starts up.
Please advise.

MAK DADDY

What do you mean when you say program or reprogram? If you are talking about a user program you shouldn't have to reset that as the information will already be stored in there from the previous time. You do however have to change the user program to "start" after you complete the "setup".
The grill should start out in an ignition sequence when you turn it on regardless of what screen you are on. How long do you wait for the grill to light before turning it off/on again?
This one might be worth a phone call to me :)
503-623-1234
Bob

MAK DADDY

So here is a service call that others may be able to learn from, hope dmarotta doesn't mind and corrects me if I get something wrong :)

Dmarotta was turning on his MAK and waiting 10min or so for it to light, when he felt it was not going to light he flipped the power off then back on and within a few minutes the grill would light and work fine.
I asked him if everything was clean because excessive ash in the fire pot could cover the igniter causing it to take longer to light, he said yes all was clean.

Two things:
First the Pellet Boss will go through three ignition cycles before timing out and displaying "flame out, check fire pot, check hopper" this takes about 15minutes. The grill should be lit well within this time. If you do get this alarm you should check both those areas as you might be out of pellets and an ignition failure could overload the fire pot with pellets that didn't light.

Second he has an old igniter, due to not registering the grill with us (we sent new igniters to every registered grill owner in the beginning due to some problems with the original igniter manufacturer) we never sent him a new one.
I believe his igniter is going bad and taking a long time to get hot enough to light the pellets. So he registered his grill and we sent him a new one out for replacement. We will see if this fixes his issue.

Last note on these igniters, we have had a 99.8% success rate with our new design and new manufacturer:D We have also designed a better holder that the igniter snaps into allowing a change if needed without hassle, just pop it out and snap in the new one!

Last edited:
Top Bottom