Craig, Colorado 8/3 - 8/4

Meat Man

We will be traveling to Craig, CO this weekend. Folks in these parts speak very highly about this event, and it's realitively close at about 5 1/2 hours away. Looks to be a tough comp, with many top teams in attendance. This will be our sixth comp, and truthfully speaking I hope we can break into the top ten. We have been able to get calls in every catagory this year, except ribs. I been cooking so many ribs I'm sick of the sight of them, but I think we've got something that will score well. It seems to me like we have been close, but have not been able to put together a good soild four meat cook. We have learned alot this year and had a blast doing it. Now we just got to put it all together.

HoDeDo

Good Luck! We have missed Craig, due to placement on top of other events... but would really love to get out there. That area is beautiful. Family has had a place in Steamboat since the 80's, and that part of the country is one of my favorites! Enjoy it!

Meat Man

Craig Results

Colorado State BBQ Championship at Craig Results

Chicken
1 - Team Enoserv
2 - White Oak Creek Smokers
3 - Backdraft BBQ
4 - Peace Pit BBQ
5 - Bossman BBQ

Ribs
1 - 2 Lil' Mac's BBQ
2 - Got Smoke Bar-B-Que
3 - Team Enoserv
4 - Peace Pit BBQ
5 - Pit Barrel Cooker Co

Pork
1 - Peace Pit BBQ
2 - OOPS
3 - Denver Cajun BBQ Krewe
4 - Webber's Old West BBQ
5 - Bossman Bar-B-Que

Brisket
1 - Smokin' Triggers
2 - Flyboy BBQ
3 - Grauers Hog Wash BBQ
4 - Got Smoke Bar-B-Que
5 - Burnin' Bob's Butts n Bones

Overall
GC - Peace Pit BBQ
RC - Team Enoserv
3 - Smokin' Triggers
4 - Got Smoke Bar-B-Que
5 - OOPS

Meat Man

Craig Pics

We had a great time in Colorado. What a great event, they feed you breakfast and dinner, snacks, free ice, water delivery, trash and ash pick up. George puts on a great event. We had our best cook to date very solid. 20th chix :(, 2nd place ribs (lost the tiebreaker):), 7th place pork (not DAL like last time), and a 4th place brisket. Three good calls and good enough for 4th place overall. 2 points out from the big $$. Congrats to everyone. Heres some pics.

0182dae0.jpg

I love the smell of smoke in the morning.

65a6d6dc.jpg

Balloons! One went right over our trailer, missed it by 3 feet. I think he did it on purpose.

9316b960.jpg

Our son Jake is a natural cook, and a good BBQ'er.

d37ae588.jpg

Our new Mak (dog) is good luck I think.

4ed8e48a.jpg

BBQ is hard work.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Moomtaz

Great results. And great competition you went up against. Pat yourself on the back for a successful weekend

Meat Man

Beats the heck out of a EZ up and a cot. But I'd doing this BBQ thing even if I had to sleep on the ground. I'm just glad I don't have to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom