Smokin Q Classic-Vista

firehouse_bbq

We are looking forward to cooking at this great contest again. This was our very first KCBS event 4 years ago, and is what got us hooked into competition BBQ

Looking forward to seeing BPS, LCQ, and all the rest of our friends!

Drive safe, and we will see you tomorrow!

Pete

firehouse_bbq

Well this was a tough competition for us. No excuses, but I have been fighting a cold for about a week, and just did not feel it. Regardless, we cooked our best, and took one walk with a 9th in pork ribs. I thought I knocked the brisket out of the park, but we know how that goes, and the judges awarded us with an 18th :)

We love this event. 4 years ago, this was our first ever BBQ contest, so it has a special place for us.

The weather was great, the public turn-out was huge, and there was 51 teams there, so it was a good time.

Not sure when our next contest will be, but trying to do at least 2 more before the end of the year. It was great to see BP, LCQ and all our other BBQ buddies. Thanks as always BP for the great products and fastest shipping around!!!!

Pete

Meat Man

It's always tough for me when things don't go well. Sometimes I think I nailed it, but then I don't. Then like this weekend just knew the chicken was gonna be a tough one. I went though 2 cases of fryers tring to find some decent sized thighs. So we went with what we had. Common sense would tell you that smaller thighs would cook a little faster. So what did I do, I started them a half hour earlier to give us some wiggle room. Pretty dumb. Our chicken was done an hour before turn-in. So my motto: Live and Learn, and don't do that again.

Top Bottom