More MAK Griddle Madness! Blackened Spatchcock Chicken!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Preheat the MAK to 400 That seems to be the sweetspot for the griddle
Prepare spatchcock chicken
Coat with olive oil...I used annies garlic olive oil no surprise I love that stuff
coat chicken on both sides with cajun spices...I used wee willys
PUt on grill with a weight of some kind skin side down for 4 minutes (i would do 5 next time but 4 was great)
Flip Chicken over to the grill side and smoke at 290 for an hour or an internal temp of 165
See if you can eat this slowly....I couldnt
P1000824.jpg

P1000826.jpg

P1000828.jpg

P1000832.jpg

P1000835.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
You will see some great stuff tomorrow Im cooking with a James Beard Winning chef Jimmy Schmitt Google him he is a genius

roburado

Awesome cook, BP! I was thinking about using the griddle to sear the chicken skin prior to a smoke--just like this!

You will see some great stuff tomorrow Im cooking with a James Beard Winning chef Jimmy Schmitt Google him he is a genius

I had the pleasure of going to one of those James Beard Celebrity Chef Tour dinners. Jimmy Schmidt came to my favorite restaurant in Southeastern Michigan to cook with Brian Polcyn and David Gilbert at The Forest Grill in Birmingham, MI. That was the second best dinner of my life. The best was a Mangalitsa pork dinner at Forest Grill done by Brian and David. Mangalitsa is just out of this world!

Top Bottom