Fridays Contest..lets get some of the vets back

Big Poppa

Administrator
Im not talking vet's like your dog doctor....Some of the vets haven't been entering...(maybe kayaking...etc)

Havent seen Kevin either....

Chili is the judge and he wants you to bring it on....I haven't spoken with him...I just made that part up

It's free money....one great member just cashed in of $225.00 worth of credits he had saved....I love it!

First Place $25.00 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Second Place $15.0 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers
Third Place $10.00 Store Credit to Big Poppa Smokers

Everybody else gets $5.00 credit just for being brave enough to post!

jimsbarbecue

Chicken Thighs

Just some Chicken thighs I make for lunch. Prep and then on the MAK at 400º until desired temp reached

Video Link: Chicken Thighs BBQ Prep - YouTube
Cooking on the MAK and about done. As I mentioned these are for next weeks lunch so no money shot.

IMG1843-M.jpg

Last edited:

sparky

friday afternoon lunch

my wifes been out of town all week and just got home this morning. mrs sparky: dear, could you make a nice lunch before i go take a nap. good looking old guy (me): why yes dear. i would be happy to make ya some lunch. i threw in a packet of oak pellets to get a little smokey, smokey.

away we go.

marinaded a tri in M3 marinade for 1 hour. dusted heavy w/ tatonka dust.

moredrum004.jpg

wrapped some corn, potatoes and screaming onions in foil too.

moredrum001.jpg

got a nice char going.

moredrum009.jpg

moved the tri over and veges in the middle.

moredrum011.jpg

the whole time cruising at 275°.

moredrum019.jpg

so easy to control the heat w/ Ursula.

tri's done.

moredrum016.jpg

veges done.

moredrum022.jpg

plated up and ready for the mrs.

moredrum027.jpg

ya done good Ursula. another great meal.

moredrum024.jpg

Last edited:

Deb

Sloppy Joes

I have been craving these since Squirt did some last week but haven't cooked much this week. Crappy weather today so I had time to cook dinner ;)

started by putting some ground beef in the griddle with some garlic, shredded zucchini, carrot, and onion (the veggies cook down so you don't know they are there and make it healthier - I usually do with ground turkey).

photo-108.jpg

Let it hang out on smoke for a short time then up a little to brown the beef. Then added crushed tomato, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire and some other stuff and simmered for awhile
photo-109.jpg

All set to eat, whole wheat bun, couple onion rings and some boars head 3 pepper cheese shredded over the top

photo-110.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited:

squirtthecat

Yaki Chubs and Chili Spuds

A.K.A. Standing on the Shoulders of Giants!

Ok, I stole these methods from Tenthunter and Chili Head

Keta (known as chum, or dog) salmon and some TJ's Soy Vey.

IMGP1784.JPG

Nice glaze, and on the top rack of the MAK on smoke.

IMGP1789.JPG

On 'Smoke' for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, blast some little yukons in the pressure cooker for three minutes, then hammer 'em flat into an oiled Griswold and a re-purposed brownie pan.

IMGP1791.JPG

IMGP1793.JPG

My tater flattener.

IMGP1792.JPG

Bump MAK to 300° for 15 minutes.

IMGP1795.JPG

Bump to 375° for the last 15. (to get some color on the potatoes)

Done!

IMGP1799.JPG

Dump and foil to keep warm.

IMGP1801.JPG

Pull the salmon. It should have fit into this pan nicely. Not so much..

IMGP1808.JPG

Plated up and ring the dinner bell!

IMGP1811.JPG

PDG!

Last edited:

Moomtaz

Is there anyone that can explain to me the contest rules and whether or not we have to register or anything like that. Just break it down for me because I would like to get into this. Seems like fun

Chili Head

Cook anything you want but incorporate pellets somehow. You can just toss a hand full of pellets on charcoal if you want to. You have until Sunday night at 12:00 am mountain time to get your entry posted. All entries earn $5, 1st gets $25, 2nd gets $15 and 3rd gets $10. 1st place winners have to judge the next weeks contest and can not participate in that weeks contest. All entries should be cooked during the weekend from Friday through Sunday. If you're registered on the forum you're registered for the contest.

It's a no brainier! If you're cooking anyway enter the contest. Big poppa wants to give you his money!

Moomtaz

The cook is underway...will be done tomorrow and will enter my first contest. Thanks for splainin' it to me

wneill20

Pepper Beef Tacos
On the smoker
beef.jpg

The bed after it hits 155.
InthePeppers.jpg

Add a can of beef broth cover and back on the smoker until it reaches 205*
Almostdone.jpg

Pulled and back to the smoker until it sucks up all them juices
Pulledinbeefbroth.jpg

Ready for them Tacos
pulled.jpg

Taco
Taco.jpg

Tacos ready for the lard
tacos.jpg

In the frying pan
Inthepan.jpg

My Plate, these are some good tacos
myplate.jpg

muebe

My Tri-Tip thinks it's a Brisket ;)

So I had a Tri-Tip in the freezer that was rubbed with BP "Money" rub before freezing...

IMAG2299.jpg

IMAG2300.jpg

And time to fire up my new AMZ tube smoker loaded with Hickory pellets...

IMAG2301.jpg

IMAG2302.jpg

Put the still frozen tri-tip in the Memphis with it off and the tube smoke going for a little cold smoke time. Time was 5:30am

IMAG2303.jpg

After 30 minutes I fired up the Memphis to 240F and let it thaw. After a couple hours I put in the meat probe. Once it hit a IT of 130F at 9:00am I pulled it out...

IMAG2304.jpg

Then I applied some "Happy Ending" rub, Butter, and Garlic into tightly wrapped foil. Then back onto the Memphis on the lower shelf and bumped the temp up to 260F...

IMAG2305.jpg

IMAG2306.jpg

Continued...

muebe

I pulled it off at 10:30am when the IT was at 200F. I let it rest in the microwave for an hour before slicing...

IMAG2308.jpg

Tube smoker did a fantastic job and created smoke for 5 hours. It was still smoking when I pulled the Tri-Tip off. I got a complete burn inside the tube ;)

IMAG2307.jpg

Now it was time to carve...

IMAG2309.jpg

IMAG2310.jpg

IMAG2311.jpg

IMAG2312.jpg

IMAG2313.jpg

Plated with cup of drippings and potato bites...

IMAG2314.jpg

IMAG2315.jpg

Was very tender with a great smoke flavor. Could have easily mistaken it for a 10 hour plus brisket. Cooking it to this high of a internal temperature went against everything I have done with Tri-Tip before. But I have to say it was simply outstanding!

Thanks for looking!

Susan

Chuck!

It’s probably one of my favorite pieces of beef to mess with on the grill. Here it is rubbed with some Hasty Bake and Double Secret and ready to go on to the Weber with some oak wine soaked pellets.
DSC06667.jpg

Looking good!
DSC06668.jpg

Pot-O-Pellets
DSC06669.jpg

After 2 hours I brought the chuck inside and readied it to be foiled. I added some onions, fresh tomatoes and a generous helping of red wine and wrapped it up and put it back on the Weber.
DSC06671.jpg

The unveiling of the finished product.
DSC06672.jpg

And…the plated shot
DSC06673.jpg

What can I say? It was delicious. Moist, tasty and tender! Everything I expected. Thanks for looking.

sparky

20 chickens had to die for the 49ers

sorry, it had to be done. 20 chickens had to be sacrificed so the 49ers can get a good start to the season. no bad juju for my 49ers.

some wings, desert gold, simply marvelous season all and grape oil.

wingys006.jpg

all seasoned up and ready for the grill.

wingys012.jpg

made a packet of carrots w/ butter and some foiled potatoes.

wingys007.jpg

everyone in the pool.

wingys017.jpg

were cooking now.

wingys022.jpg

blue hog, blues eye and berry pepper jelly.

wingys021.jpg

oh ya, were getting a good crisp on.

wingys029.jpg

done.

wingys032.jpg

and done.

wingys038.jpg

yummy, yummy. thats it.

wingys047.jpg

the end.

Tatonka3A2

Dry Aged Ribeyes, Crabcakes, and some veggies

Had a craving for a good steak so went to the freezer and found a nice package of ribeyes that we had dry aged a few months ago. Once they were thawed I rubbed them down with a little roasted garlic olive oil and seasoned with Tatonka Dust and some Canadian Steak seasoning.

On the Yoder getting a some smoke for an hour from the tube smoker. A mixture of Oak and Charcoal pellets burning along.

What a beautiful thing!!

Fired up the Yoder to 500° and getting a nice sear on the steaks. Here they are on the first part of the sear.

FLIP!

Perfect grill marks!

Crabcakes getting some Yoder love too.

Plated and ready to eat... Ribeye, crabcakes, veggies, and garlic toast!! Perfect!! Even the toast had perfect grill marks.

Couple money shots of the Ribeye....

Mine

Marty's

Kite

Okay, vacation is over. Time to get back to real life.. RIBS! Our vacation has wrapped up with the whole famn damily descending on our home. Oh boy! Anyway, a tip of the hat to sparky for his over the top guidence on my rib cook. I have now cooked the best ribs I have ever cooked/eaten in my life because of the ideas that the king of ribs shared with this humble peasant. At any rate, the Memphis was packed full for this one. But the pics are limitted as I was on family duty all day. Fortunately I had Jan to explain to everyone over and over why they couldn't touch the food until I got pictures... so here we go. I laid the ribs out across the counter for rubbing with BP Money and BP glue

DSC02118.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02126.jpg

Then on the Memphis they went..

DSC02130.jpg

A while later it is time to add a shelf and rearange the ribs so we can fit the scallop potatos in

DSC02136.jpg

Now it is time for the sauce.. oh yeah!

DSC02135.jpg

DSC02138.jpg

cont..

Top Bottom