HELP!! Pork Collar info needed

KyNola

In my freezer are two Kurobuta pork collars I ordered from Snake River Farms. I have never smoked or cooked a pork collar before. It appears to be more like a small boneless pork butt and is extremely marbled. Weight is approx. 4 pounds each. My question to you experts is do you treat it like a butt and smoke to an IT of 190-200 and pull or do you treat it more like a loin and smoke to an IT of 145 and slice?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Dalton

I cooked mine just like pulled pork..those collars actually have a money muscle on them also..its on the top instead of the side i cooked it fat down.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I am cooking one tomorrow....A mangalista one...The farmer said you can cut steaks of the end but said to cook at 225 for 6 hours with the rest...I think it is a slicing meat...Ill post pics It is going to be in a chili blood orange glaze

KyNola

BP, thank you sir. I'll go to school on you. It's a pretty piece of meat, just don't know exactly what to do with it. I'll know tomorrow after BP shares with us. One question for you BP. Is there a specific IT we're looking for at 225 for 6 hours? It does sound more like slicing meat as you described earlier.

Thanks again BP.

Top Bottom