bring it onnnnnnnnn!

First place $25 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers
second Place $15 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers
third place $10 store credit to Big Poppa Smokers

$5 Store credit for everybody else that enters

Lets make RickB's job hard!

Wing Commander

Blackberry-soy-glaced Chicken

Today I cooked 3 chicken legs, that I separated into thighs and drumsticks, at 350F on my Louisiana CS-450.

DSC05042.JPG

DSC05043.JPG

After 20 minutes they were flipped and cooked another 20 minutes.

DSC05044.JPG

Then they were glaced with a blackberry-soy-sauce.

DSC05046.JPG

Plated up with several creamcheese mixtures (thuna, mango and smoked salmon on salad and in cherry-tomatoes).

DSC05060.JPG

FLBentRider

Ribs for the Bunco squad

The Mrs. plays Bunco once a month. I was volunteered or was asked to do ribs, depending on who you ask. Coming right up!

Three racks rubbed with Alton Brown "Who loves ya baby back" rub:

8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

I doubled it, except for the salt.

DSC_2772.jpg

On the MAK @225 with BD Oak
DSC_2773.jpg

How did this get in here? Daughter playing with the camera.
DSC_2775.jpg

After 3 hours, some foil love with 3 pats of butter, more rub, drizzled with honey, some garlic and a glug of white wine.

2 hours in the foil, pour off the liquid, separate the fat, and reduce by 50%
DSC_2777.jpg

Done!
DSC_2778.jpg

DSC_2779.jpg

PaulyT

Today's hypothesis: still working out how to cook ribs, and my question right now is, how much difference does the rub make, can I taste the difference in the final product? Wife brought home a pack of three St. Louis pork spare ribs from Costco yesterday, so now I've got the raw materials to perform a proper experiment!

So here we go.

The players: BP Money, Obie-Cue Sweet-n-Heat, and 3-Eyz bbq spice.

DSC0973-XL.jpg

I didn't have any plain yellow mustard as a rub binder, so I used a little honey mustard dressing. I figure it's more about the texture of the sauce anyway, since only a tiny bit is used, and this is pretty thick stuff. Membrane removed and all rubbed up!

DSC0974-XL.jpg

On the grill @ 275 (yes, as you'll see, I'm ripping off... I mean copying with respect... Sparky's methods. :p ) Good thing I bought that extra shelf!

DSC0975-XL.jpg

PaulyT

After an hour, getting ready to foil, using butter, brown sugar, and honey; same thing on all three racks, as I want to isolate a single variable - the rub - as much as possible. Yeah I'm a scientist. I'm also curious to see how a saltier rub will last with - or be overpowered by? - the sugar+honey.

DSC0977-XL.jpg

After 30 min in the foil, back on the grill, glazed with a mixture of the drippings from the foil and a little bit of the blues hog sauce.

DSC0978-XL.jpg

My current favorite every-day beverage while I wait... Sorry Sparky, I'll copy other things, but I'm not a big fan of Fat Tire. :p

DSC0982-XL.jpg

PaulyT

After about a half an hour, done and resting. I need more cutting boards...

DSC0983-XL.jpg

Some money shots of the finished products.

DSC0984-XL.jpg

DSC0985-XL.jpg

DSC0988-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Tatonka3A2

Venison Backstraps & Lobster Tails

Started with 2 venison brackstraps - the sliver skin removed.

Venison that I rubbed with garlic olive oil and seasoned with Tatonka Dust and a little Canadian Steak Seasoning.

Onto the top shelf of the Yoder with just the fan running to help move the smoke along. The tube smoker filled with Hickory pellets with a nice smoke rolling along the venison. Smoked for an hour with no heat.

Fired up the Yoder to 500° and threw the venison on to the grill grates when they were nice and hot.

FLIP

For the sides - some mixed veggies and garlic toast

And last but not least the lobster tails - seasoned with melted butter, minced garlic, parsley, and some sea salt. While the lobster was cooking I spooned over some melted butter.

Finished plates...

Money shot

Last edited:

Deb

Pork Chops, Grilled Potato Salad and Roasted Peaches with ice cream

Thyme, parsley, rosemary, shallots, desert gold , olive oil rubbed into some pork chops. Par cooked baby potatoes rolled in olive oil and desert gold.
photo-108-2.jpg

Onto the MAK along with some cherry tomatoes tossed in olive oil, salt & pepper
photo-110-2.jpg

when the potatoes came off they were tossed in a dressing made of lemon, olive oil, shallots, lemon zest, parsley, thyme, salt & pepper

Untitled.jpg

on to dessert, it's peach season here so went to a local orchard and grabbed some peaches
cut them in 1/2, rubbed with lemon juice, sprinkled with some raw sugar and a tiny bit of salt
a little butter onto the MAK griddle and cut side down
photo-112.jpg

Flipped them, put some butter and brown sugar in the middle, roasted til tender
photo-113.jpg

served with ice cream
peach.jpg

enjoy

sparky

i told ya i figure it out.

240° is my magic temp.

druming2001.jpg

i threw a handful of oak pellets in my charcoal nest before i put the ribs on for a little sweet smoke.

druming2004.jpg

a light whisper of smoke. oh man, is this guy good.

druming2076.jpg

good color. nice a juicy. von da pa.

druming2020.jpg

and oldie but a goodie.

druming2033.jpg

yummy.

druming2053.jpg

nice ring.

druming2082.jpg

good bite. i must say very juicy.

druming2086.jpg

this is not good. better go get another one.

druming2087.jpg

well, i am very proud of myself. i had a problem and i fixed it w/ ya'lls help. i did cook spares instead of bb backs. i raised my temp to 240° on my dial. i did use a heat deflector (pizza pan w/ holes drilled into it). works great. ya'll can call me a sissy drummer if you want because i use a heat deflector. its cool. great cooks adapt to their cookers. i have accomplish this w/ Ursula. thats right. who da man. sparky da man. :cool:

Chili Head

Chicken-Apricot skewers

I started tonight's dinner off with an appetizer of a buttery avocado toast.
It's really simple..toast some bread (I used French bread) after a light buttering. Cut your avacado into chunks and set aside. Melt a bit of butter and add some fresh black pepper and sea salt then your avacado. I turned off the heat when the avocado went into the butter. Take your grilled toast and rub a garlic clove across it a few times. Sprinkle some parmasean cheese on the bread then add some buttered avocado then another light sprinkle of parmesan cheese. I then drizzled a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkled some red chili flakes on mine, the wife passed on the chili flakes for hers.

46e1a4a0-877e-7d3a.jpg

46e1a4a0-878a-32e1.jpg

46e1a4a0-879d-e597.jpg

46e1a4a0-87bb-93b9.jpg

46e1a4a0-87c8-4d73.jpg

Delicious!

Continued..

Chili Head

Chicken-Apricot Skewers

The stuff..

46e1a4a0-8885-42f5.jpg

I skinned the chicken breasts and deboned them then i cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes.
I then made a peanut coconut sauce slash marinade for the chicken.
I used unsweetened coconut milk,brown sugar,smooth peanut butter,kosher salt,lime juice,a couple garlic cloves and a few jalapeños from the pot outside - seeds and all and Greek yogurt. All that went for a whir in the blender. Once smooth I held out a half cup for dipping and the chicken went into the rest to marinade for awhile.
46e1a4a0-8b18-482a.jpg

46e1a4a0-8ad9-6868.jpg

Time to cook some skewers!
46e1a4a0-8b77-117f.jpg

46e1a4a0-8b84-8205.jpg

Alright here we go!
Plated with some peanut sauce and lime wedges.

46e1a4a0-8bc3-654d.jpg

46e1a4a0-8bd5-e95b.jpg

46e1a4a0-8beb-77c1.jpg

46e1a4a0-8c08-bf19.jpg

I wanted to do something out of my comfort zone this time..it's not mexican, not BBQ, I think I succeeded LOL.
The peanut sauce was good! For me personally I'll cut back on the peanut butter next time but the wife loved it and wanted to eat just the sauce! She liked the meal better than I did so that's a home run in my book!

Well that's not all oh no!

Continued..

Chili Head

I had intended to razzle dazzle y'all by making molten dulce leche cakes with a caramel drizzle and vanilla bean ice cream.
I came close!! One minute or two less and I would have nailed it. They were perfect when I checked on them and I had to go into the house for a pot holder and I got distracted..saw something shiny I guess LOL. Anyway the cakes were a tasty mistake so all is not lost. I will be doing these again! I gotta keep trying until I get it right.

Here's how it went down.

Buttered and floured the ramekins. Made the cake from two egg yolks and one whole egg. I mixed the egg together with an electric mixer for two minutes. I then added the dulce leche to the egg and mixed it well. Once smooth I mixed in 2 1/2 table spoons of all purpose flour slowly.

46e1a4a0-90d4-aa4c.jpg

46e1a4a0-91ab-3e7d.jpg

46e1a4a0-91b6-754e.jpg

I filled the ramekins and they went into the MAK at 425 for 12 minutes..14 minutes total with the pot holder run..
46e1a4a0-9225-c8de.jpg

46e1a4a0-9231-388c.jpg

I made a sauce from some dulce leche and milk on the stove top.
46e1a4a0-9269-adb1.jpg

Here's what I ended up with.
46e1a4a0-92d9-1421.jpg

46e1a4a0-92e4-2887.jpg

46e1a4a0-930d-0d48.jpg

I'll say this..for a mistake it was damn good!

dc1956

Simple Saturday Dinner

My wife is working nights this weekend and wanted something simple for dinner before she went in. We decided on chicken. For this I used some homemade rub and sauce as well as some blue bottle spray.

DSCF1953.jpg

Placed the thighs on the Stoven burning hickory pellets at 275 with the tube smoker.

DSCF1951.jpg

After 45 minutes I raised the temp to 325, sprayed with Parkay and flipped to skin side down.

DSCF1955.jpg

After another 30 minutes I flipped back to skin side up and sauced.

DSCF1959.jpg

I pulled the thighs after another 15 minutes and plated with rice and home grown tomatoes.

DSCF1964.jpg

The chicken turned out juicy with a nice smoke flavor and had bite through skin.

DSCF1966.jpg

It was very good.

DSCF1967.jpg

Thanks For Looking.

Dave

Wing Commander

Steaks from roast beef

Today I grilled some steaks from a roast beef. I just seasoned them with black salt and seared them at about 600 F on the Louisiana Kentwood with mesquite pellets.

DSC05085.JPG

DSC05086.JPG

DSC05087.JPG

Then I pulled them, seasoned them with a pepper mixture und tossed them on the Louisiana CS-450 at about 250 F with alder pellets.

DSC05090.JPG

DSC05093.JPG

Then the steaks were plated up with mango- and salmon-creamcheese on salad leaves and baguette.

DSC05095.JPG

DSC05103.JPG

DSC05105.JPG

wneill20

Mash Potato, Cheese, Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf.
ThePlayers.jpg

Everyone in the pool
Themixens.jpg

Stuffed
Stuffed.jpg

Wrapped up ready for the smoker.
ReadyForSmoker.jpg

After 1 hour at 250*
OnSmoker1hr.jpg

Almost done
AlmostDone.jpg

Resting
DoneResting.jpg

Sliced
Sliced.jpg

Plated and boy this was good.
MyPlate.jpg

muebe

Apple/Walnut Stuffed Center Pork Loin with Pomegranate/Blueberry Sauce

Store had some nice looking center cut pork loins on sale for $2.99 a lb. They are perfect for cutting into thick boneless pork chops and for stuffing ;)

IMAG2323.jpg

First I divided two of the loins into chops, seasoned, and then vac sealed for another day...

IMAG2326.jpg

IMAG2327.jpg

Then I butterflied the other two and applied some Penzy's Apple Pie Seasoning on the interior...

IMAG2324.jpg

IMAG2325.jpg

Here is a shot of some of the players...

IMAG2328.jpg

First I cut up the Apples and crushed the Walnuts. Then I sautee'd them in a pan for a few minutes with butter and hickory smoked sugar to get some color and soften a bit...

IMAG2329.jpg

IMAG2330.jpg

continued...

muebe

Then mix in one raw egg(whipped) and 3 slices of bread sectioned into squares...

IMAG2332.jpg

After that I made a small amount Pomegranite/Blueberry sauce using hickory smoked sugar, POM drink, and butter...

IMAG2331.jpg

Then I poured that into the stuffing and mixed it...

IMAG2333.jpg

Time to add the stuffing mix and crumbled blue cheese...

IMAG2337.jpg

Rolled them up and secured with silicone baking bands. The outside of the loins were coated with Penzy's Rocky Mountain Seasoning...

IMAG2338.jpg

I pre-heated the Memphis to 450F with a mix of Pecan and Apple wood pellets. Then I put them on the top rack with frog mats in place...

IMAG2341.jpg

I let them ride at 450F for 10 minutes then I dropped the temp down to 350F. I took them both to a IT of 150F. The smaller one finished first at 1 hour and 20 minutes of cook time. The second one at 1 hour 40 minutes...

IMAG2342.jpg

IMAG2345.jpg

continued...

Top Bottom