Remote thermometers

doodles

What is your favorite remote thermometer? I use a Maverick (custom brand), and it really works well. I want to get some for my kids for Christmas, and wondered what was out there now that works well.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I like the oregon scientific red one....I will nave new super probes for all mavericks hitting the store dec4 they are rated to 712 degrees...I fing that all the base units are pretty good its the probes that cause issues.

TTNuge

Maverick is coming out with the new ET-732 which is a dual probe, 1 for cabinet/smoker temp and the other for food. Supposed to be a big upgrade to the ET-73 including better probes, better made, on/off switches fixed and not under the battery cover, remembers the alarm settings between use, etc. Hopefully it will be a winner.

scooter

I own a Maverick ET7, ET72, two ET73's and an Oregon Scientific AW131. My go-to remote therm is the double probed Mav ET73. They are all accurate. The ET73 has two probes and a range of about 50' in my house. The AW131 has one probe, talks and has a claimed range of 300'.

Last edited:

doodles

Why do you prefer the ET73 over the ET7? What is the key difference? It looks like it might be worth waiting for the ET732. I think some of the bbq places are shipping them in early December.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I am too Doodles! I will have the lowest price...I promise Maverick is having a strict pricing policy on these new models You have to sign an agreement

doodles

When will we be able to get them from you? Do you know how much they will be? (you're talking about the 732, right?)

Top Bottom