Slovak

Slovak

I have a Bradley Electric Smoker which uses their "biscuits" for generating smoke. They are mucho $$$'s. Anyone out there that might have used round "wafers" cut from hickory instead? Could they work to generate smoke?

Deb

Welcome Slovak!

I have never tried using round wafers cut from wood in my Bradley. I know I have read threads on it but it's been awhile. Here's my thoughts but keep in mind I have never tried it....... the Bradley biscuits are made of wood that's been chopped up and put back together and are not compressed that tight... they are not anywhere near as hard as a wood disc.... the smoke generator is designed to cycle through the pucks at 20 minute intervals..... I would think that you wouldn't get anywhere near the smoke because cut wood discs are so much harder and it would take longer for them to start smoking and the smoke generator would push the disc into the water bowl before it was really smoking.

Not sure if you know but just in case........ the Bradley isn't designed to burn the biscuits the entire time you smoke - most people use an average of 2 to 4 hours of smoke at the beginning of their cook then the Bradley just becomes an oven. The longer range for big chunks of meat like brisket or pork butt.

I have seen at least 3 other Bradley owners here this morning so hopefully they are still here and will chime in and have an actual answer.

Deb

squirtthecat

Welcome! One thing you might try (since this is a pellet smoking forum), is putting some pellets directly on the burner. Maybe 1/4 cup or so at a time? It's much more of a manual process, but they should provide plenty of smoke.

KyNola

Welcome Slovak. Over on the Bradley forum you will find different threads of Bradley owners who have tried using the round wafers cut from hickory with some limited success. I have not tried it in my Bradley and honestly wouldn't go to the trouble. On an average smoke, you're only going to use 6 to 12 biscuits.

scooter

Welcome Slovak! I don't own a Bradley so can't help on that front. I can, however, help with any pellet smoking related q's you have.

Top Bottom