Johnny Triggs Birthday....Rib Contest this week!"

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yippeeee! Its Johnny Triggs Birthday!

To celebrate his birthday it is a rib contest this weekend! Thanks Right...What better way to show Johnny respect on his birthday than to cook some ribs...I will also be forwarding this to him after judging so feel free to include a message to Johnny

First place $25.00 store credit to BPs
Second $15.00"""
third $ 10

Everybody else gets $5 credit just for entering

$10 dollaer bonus for the best birthday greeting!

Bring it on!

jimsbarbecue

Sparky Ribs?

Does Sparky know how to cook ribs?, or is he going to google search how to parboil them and then finish on the grill like Chili's?

sparky

don't worry. i cooked some yesterday on Bo.

druming2010.jpg

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

Rib Cook

First this is a outside cook. So all work prep and cooking outside

IMG1853-M.jpg

On the Drum to start

IMG1856-M.jpg

time to foil

IMG1861-M.jpg

Out of foil and on the MAK for added smoke flavor

IMG1864-L.jpg

Sparky here are the ribs

IMG1868-L.jpg

Time to box up.

Don't need no stinking garnish!

IMG1869-L.jpg

Chili Head

Ribs with baked potato salad and baked beans. Chocolate chip cookie ice cream pie for dessert!

Today I cooked spares with a potato salad and baked beans.

The full slab got a dusting of money. For the other two halves one half got a dusting of smoking guns hot and the other half got some cajun blast rub. I think you can see where this is going..some mild some hot. I used oink and squeal sauce for the full slab, franks extra hot on one half slab and cherry habanero Texas rib candy on the other half.

y2egu4u3.jpg

3adazybu.jpg

After trimming the tips they got a dusting of happy ending and I'll use the meat from those later.
anyqy5em.jpg

enyvydug.jpg

Into the MAK burning hickory set on smoke for 1 hour then bumped to 265.
esenaram.jpg

Ribs are ready to foil.
zydezeny.jpg

8a5adyzu.jpg

yrare9y2.jpg

The slab got a dusting of happy ending at this point.
8ysu4aqe.jpg

Continued..

Last edited:

Chili Head

The tips got bunched together and dusted with more happy ending, parkay'd and then foiled.
dasese6u.jpg

After putting on some bacon the potatoes were cubed,boiled and drained. After the potatoes cooled I added some onion, salt and pepper, cheddar cheese and sour cream and the bacon. Once folded together it went into the fridge to set.
ajatyquj.jpg

epu6aqar.jpg

egy4yqur.jpg

8ega5yre.jpg

The beans got a treatment of BBQ sauce and the meat I trimmed off the tips once they were out of the foil.
urevane9.jpg

a7ura5ad.jpg

Continued..

Last edited:

Chili Head

Ribs are out of the foil and ready for some sauce. I go light on the sauce when I make ribs it's more of a glaze. Here's the sauces I used today.
uqy7yqud.jpg

ugany8ag.jpg

qadutu4y.jpg

OK the ribs are done..let's cut them up! I also cranked the MAK to 375 to finish off the beans and to pre heat the MAK for the dessert.
These really pulled back! I cut the boneless piece into cubes for dipping into different sauces later.
unereqah.jpg

dutahyha.jpg

pyjege7u.jpg

aqyne4u4.jpg

je3ahuje.jpg

abyqyre9.jpg

Continued..

Chili Head

The two half slabs got franks extra hot and half got texas rib candy. Both turned out great! If I don't get buffalo style ribs every couple of weeks I start to twitch..these are that good! I had two of each and the rest went into the fridge for my lunch tomorrow.
qedyvyme.jpg

The beans are about done and it's time to start the beginnings of the dessert. Some chocolate chip cookie dough went into a pie pan then I baked it in the MAK.
ehu4e2yv.jpg

a9edehy6.jpg

e9e4a7yg.jpg

sa3e4uju.jpg

The cookie crust is done! Time for dinner!
7egu8yry.jpg

Let's plate up some ribs! It's chow time!
We got some ribs dusted with money and sauced with oink and squeal. Some baked beans with rib meat and some baked potato salad with fresh chives.
vyhuhube.jpg

uju6atu3.jpg

repu2ate.jpg

Talk about a full belly! Wheel me away from the table..we're stuffed!

Continued..

Last edited:

Chili Head

At this point the cookie in the pie tin has cooled..are you wondering whats going in it?
Let me show you.. I filled it with cookie dough ice cream and crumbled the cookie that was in the other pan on top and sprinkled some chocolate magic shell on top. This went into the freezer for an hour and a half.

y8aza9yg.jpg

esy9atez.jpg

ygenebap.jpg

Dessert time! I'm going to hurt after eating this..but it's going to be good!
A drizzle of magic shell on the plate then a big ol'e piece of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream pie!
6azudury.jpg

huta7equ.jpg

So there you have it! My one meal I'm eating today. After all this I may not eat tomorrow either..

I know this was long winded but thanks for sticking around to look!

I would like to take a moment to give a birthday shout out to Mr Trigg.

Mr Trigg, my best wishes to you for a wonderful birthday with many more happy years to come.
You have been an inspiration to many of us who concentrate on making the best ribs possible.
Best wishes to you on your birthday and remember..
Eat lots of cake and don't count the candles! Happy Birthday!

Last edited:
Top Bottom