My name is gourmet grillerz why should I be a pellet smoker

Why should I be a pellet smoker? Convince me why I should switch to a pellet smoker.
Currently I have a char grill pro smoker and love it !!! I am starting to do competions and need more smoker space tell me why it should be a pellet smoker I have never used a pellet smoker or seen one up close or tasted any food from one

ACW3

gourmet grillerz,
My name is Art and I have a MAK. If you would like to do a long cook (possibly overnight) and do not want to lose any sleep over it, and have complete confidence that your cook is going well, get a pellet cooker. It is pretty much set-it-and-forget-it. It takes some getting used-to, at first, but the learning curve comes along quickly. Find a fellow pellet cooker and go watch what they have to do after the food goes on. YHou'll get the idea.

Art

HoDeDo

If you are starting to cook competitions... you will want to control as many variables as possible, so that you can cook the best food you possibly can. You can obviously do that on your CG Pro, too... but if you can control the fire/temp so that it isnt a variable you need to focus on, you will be able to spend more time on the meat. Pellet pits are all about consistency, and ease of use.

Now if you are cooking to appease the pyromaniac inside, or like the therapeutic aspects of tending a fire all evening then pellet cooking may not be for you. I keep enough different pits around that I can tend a fire when I want, press the start button when I want, or just light up a chimney of coals. But my pellet cookers are the "go to" pits. I can play with the girls, and my dog, while I am smoking up some killer ribs -- and at competitions, I can trust that they are going to cook the same way every time.

KyNola

Why should you be a pellet smoker? Do you like cooking with wood and nothing but wood? Do you like precise heat control? If you answer yes to either or both of those questions, then you should be a pellet smoker because that's what a pellet smoker brings to the table.

cowgirl

I really can't add anything that hasn't already been said...
I smoke with a horizontal wood burner, UDS, cinderblock pit, small charcoal smokers and just started using this Memphis Pro pellet smoker not long ago. I've been so impressed with the ease of use and outcome of the Memphis...not sure I could do without a pellet smoker now. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Top Bottom