Home style chili...No crackers required.

Chili Head

Here's most of the ingredients.

8ava9yre.jpg

I started this off by browning the beef in the MAK.
nyvevuny.jpg

4ymudahy.jpg

While the beef is cooking I got the dry ingredients and some onion chopped up.

pu9yna6e.jpg

9aty9u2u.jpg

In a stock pot I cooked some more onion then I added the smoked ground beef, dry spices, salsa, enchilada sauce and some jallelujah.

y2u8a7yg.jpg

y2yzaqa4.jpg

rava5uhy.jpg

asajuzat.jpg

Continued..

Chili Head

Time for the wet ingredients.
gyqyvatu.jpg

ze2epu9a.jpg

Into the MAK to finish cooking and after a taste it will go into the fridge over night.

upe5e6ar.jpg

It's done ..smells really good!
upy7e8y5.jpg

Fast forward to Sunday morning.

This is where the "no crackers required" come into play. I've been thinking about this for awhile wondering if this would work. The first try failed and I ended up with a giant biscuit. The layers were too thick and I doubled up on the bottom layer. The second try we had success! I used thinner layers and I didn't double up on the bottom. I used less than two biscuits for the bowl that came out good.

I took some biscuit dough and formed it inside a crock to make a bowl.
eja7aqa4.jpg

I put a thin layer on the bottom then used thin layers the rest of the way around the crock.
9enase4e.jpg

juzaraqa.jpg

avy2y2as.jpg

a7adupa5.jpg

Continued..

Last edited:

Chili Head

Ok let's finish this!

Home style chili in a biscuit bread bowl. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkled with cheddar cheese.
suvupyqe.jpg

ebajupen.jpg

upe2udus.jpg

Like I said..No crackers required! This will stick to the ribs! It was filling and satisfying. The perfect fall brunch.

Thanks for looking!

sparky

i liked this one. love the chili biscuit bowls. the last pics says it all. come get me and bring a big spoon. :)

Top Bottom