Hey Jiimsbarbeque Thanks for the Killer Tri Tip Recipe

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK Jim I had some Strube Ranch Wagyu Tri Tip and iot is wonderful but there is a lot of marbling to render so I decided I would use your recipe last night as one of 6 courses

Smoked on the MAK one star at 250 until it hit 165 Foiled and poured a half Bottle in each foil boat of Big Mo's BBQ Saucee and let it go till 195...seasoned it with pepper plant seasoning and big poppas double secret

As Jim has said it is essentially cooking tri tip as if it were a brisket. I would never have tried it except Jom knows his stuff. He made me look good except for the grain on the tip I couldnt find it!
P1000163.jpg

P1000177.jpg

P1000185.jpg

P1000186.jpg

Thanks again Jim! it was a big hit!

jimsbarbecue

Good to see it worked out. This is one of those cooks that until you do it. Does work better with a good marbled tri tip. I have done these enough that now when shopping for tri tip I select them based on what way we are cooking it.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Thats the ticket....Jim if it wasnt you suggesting it I may have written off the concept but it really is good...I like them both ways and like you will cookk according to the marbling Thanks again

Ricker

Thanks guys for the extra tips. I'll give jimsbarbeque a try without the sauce on my next one. The wife should like this as it has no pink in the middle. Next warm weekend, tri tip for me. Thanks again.

Carter13

I finally got to try this and man was it great. I followed the directions to the T and it was delicious.
I used 1/2 cup of Baby Ray's with 2 tablespoons of apple juice. I also did BP's onion and a few bakers as well.
Gotta give a shout to Jim for this recipe.

Top Bottom