Infuser Fun!

muebe

Decided to give my new Char-Broil Infuser another go.

First I pulled out a couple of center-loin cut pork chops that were seasoned with Penzey's BBQ 3000 before vac sealing and freezing...

IMAG2635_zps44357bb5.jpg

Then I loaded the bottom of the infuser with some Maple pellets and some of the wood chips that came with the Infuser. I assume they are Hickory...

IMAG2633_zpsf05714fe.jpg

Hit the bottom grate with a spray of canola oil and then installed...

IMAG2634_zps1dd76635.jpg

I put the infuser on my RED side burner for 5 minutes on high until it started smoking...

IMAG2636_zps30b16df9.jpg

Now it was time to drop the chops. I heard a sizzle when they hit the grill of the Infuser!

IMAG2637_zpsad6a558b.jpg

I flipped them every 5 minutes. After 3 flips they read 140F IT with the world's fastest Thermapen. Here is how they looked...

IMAG2638_zpsfdac0f31.jpg

I then killed the heat on the burner and topped them with Parmesan Cheese and Italian seasoning. Put the Infuser lid back on and waited a few minutes for the cheese to melt a bit...

IMAG2639_zpsc954e176.jpg

Wifey is not home tonight so looks like bothe chops are for me! Plated with the Scotch Egg dipping sauce I made for another cook...

IMAG2640_zps07604a5b.jpg

IMAG2641_zps20256dab.jpg

Shot of the interior..

IMAG2642_zps202caaf4.jpg

These were seriously good! The smokey flavor was simply outstanding! And so fast and simply done on a BBQ grill side burner! Bravo Char-Broil!!!!

muebe

Nice looking chops! How strong was the smoke flavor compared to the tube smoker?

The smoke flavor was very intense. More so than the tube smoker. The Infuser was designed by Char-Broil to be used on gas grills but I am finding it works very well directly on a burner. I loved the flavor of the smokey chops. It went well with the Parmesan cheese.

Don't think it would work as well as the tube does on a pellet grill though. And it is a bit small. But a great little smoking roaster ;)

When the thing got hot it was bellowing smoke out.... Very concentrated smoke!

I suppose you could use it inside the house on a burner without smoking chips or pellets also.

Kite

Dang! Yet aother gadget I have to buy. Seriously, that looks fantastic muebe. So let me get this straight - this infuser is like a shallow pan that you put wood in with a grate that goes on top for food? Then you put it on a heat source?

muebe

Dang! Yet aother gadget I have to buy. Seriously, that looks fantastic muebe. So let me get this straight - this infuser is like a shallow pan that you put wood in with a grate that goes on top for food? Then you put it on a heat source?

Yes. It is like a mini roasting pan. It also has a steaming tray so you can add water, wine, ect. You can place it right on your pellet grill if you wanted to. I just found the side burner on my gas grill is quick & easy. You could probably fit a 4 to 5lb chicken if you squeeze it in there ;)

Top Bottom