Mangalista Pork Cheeks swimming in a Smoked Paprika Espresso Sauce

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok here is the Mangalista Pork Cheek that we had the other night.
THe dish was so good I still can taste it. Compliments to Jimmy schmitt the chef..He made the sauce and I cooked the cheeks.

Heated the Mak to 400 with griddle inserted

Made a marinade of Smoked Paprika, Garlic olive oil, espresso, sugar, and trendy vinegar...(I didnt see which bottle he used)
Coat the cheeks and then take to the MAK and sear each side for 2 minutes

Preheat big drum to 275

In the pan you intent to braise on...Saute onions and duroc bacon and when just right...(you know when that is!) add the reamaining marinade and two boxed of chicken stock salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer

A couple secrets to braising. Do not rush it...if you cookk a too high of heat and the meat boils it will give you the opposite effect...instead of being tender it will be tough.
In order to prevent boiling and to make sure it braises properly take two dheets of foil and line the top of the food as to remove the oxygen between the food and the top of the pan...if there is no air it is more difficult to boil.

We could have bariased on the over or on the stove top but we are smokers!

Place on the drum for one hour 45 minutes.

You can let it rest in the pan it will only get better....

Take a large part of the pan jjuice/sauce ans strain and separate add large scallions. Place scoop of potato salad and then put a cheek on to pan d coat with sauce and get ready to accept compliments
P1000166.jpg

P1000169.jpg

P1000170.jpg

P1000172.jpg

P1000174.jpg

Here is jimmy1
P1000182.jpg

P1000184-2.jpg

TentHunter

Oh yeah, there it is... As I said in the other thread, absolutely luscious!

I may have to use a different cut of pork, but I WILL be trying this very soon; You've left me little choice with that mesmerizing pic. I'm like a big 'ol pork fest zombie now!

Thanks BP & Jimmy!

sparky

wow. that plate looks yummy^3 (that means yummy to the third power, lol). i bet it was a treat to eat. :)

ps: its nice to see ya posting food again. i always like your stuff. your a h#!! of a cook. you have been busy this summer. relax some my friend. :cool:

Top Bottom