I Just Had To

nepas

I had to add this stuffer to the sausage making room. I got it for almost NADA ;)

DSC00656.jpg

TentHunter

Wow, I've been looking at some of those similar models in the 11, & 20 lb. models. They are not cheap and normally come with plastic stuffing tubes. Good deal for you!

BTW I am looking at a cabelas stainless steel 7 lb. horizontal model. They seem to have really good ratings. Any thoughts?

ACW3

Tenthunter,
I bought the Cabelas horizontal 7 pounder a couple of weeks ago. I made up 15# of venison and Russian boar into some summer sausage with it last week to christen it. Using the stuffer was the easiest part of the whole process. I really like it. I can't wait to try some more sausage. My son got me a copy of a recipe for some South African Boerewors from a shooting buddy of his. His friend brought some for Christmas two years ago and we grilled it as an appetizer. I intend to follow his recipe very closely to see what he says this Christmas . If it passes his taste test, I'll see about posting it. The easy part will be stuffing the casings.

Something I noticed in my research was that there tends to be a larger amount of "lost" sausage in a vertical vs a horizontal stuffer. Basically, the only sausage that didn't get into the casing was the amount left in the feed tube. An acceptable loss in my books.

Art

Last edited:
Top Bottom