Creamed Chicken & Biscuits

TentHunter

Deb called for comfort food, and I've been wanting some kind of chicken pot pie, so here we go.

Spatchcock a chicken, season it up with some salt, pepper, rosemary & sage both under the skin and a little on top. Onto the MAK.
CC%2526B01.JPG

While the chicken is cooking, prep some veggies: Potatoes, Carrot, Celery, Onion & Peas. Par boil the potato, carrot & celery just a bit. Then after the chicken is done put the veggies on the MAK to roast until done.
CC%2526B02.JPG

While the veggies are roasting cut up the chicken...
CC%2526B03.JPG

Use the back, bones & giblets to make some stock, then creamy gravy with a big dollop of butter...
CC%2526B04.JPG

Make some homemade biscuits...
CC%2526B05.JPG

Assemble in a cast iron pan...
CC%2526B06.JPG

Then onto the MAK to bake for about 20 minutes. It's making me hungry!
CC%2526B07.JPG

Done...
CC%2526B08.JPG

Yum!
CC%2526B09.JPG

I'm sure glad fall is here. Thanks!

Last edited:

ACW3

Cliff,
NICE!!! That looks really good, especially since it is cold and rainy outside here. My sister made some chicken pot pie using a biscuit recipe I just started making. The biscuits are called Angel Biscuits. They are really light and tasty. I have made them several times recently. Thank goodness they freeze well.

Art

Deb

Looks so good, I need to do one of these......... I thought about a chicken pot pie yesterday but had defrosted boneless chicken so the chicken parm won out

Top Bottom