a couple cooks this week

sparky

fired up the Big Easy. shiny.

webtastic009.jpg

some buttage.

webtastic016.jpg

oh ya. smoky, smoky......

webtastic018.jpg

got my umbrella up. the Big Easy is in the shade. all it well.

webtastic022.jpg

were at 200° and ready for foil and juice. nice bark buddy. looks good. it took 11 1/2 hours to finish. the Big Easy held 250° for 16 hours on 15 lbs of coal.

webtastic042.jpg

fire up Lucile for some rib time.

webtastic056.jpg

got some nice lipstick action going on.

webtastic064.jpg

webtastic067.jpg

look at these beef ribs after i gave them some FL.

webtastic071.jpg

webtastic075.jpg

the dogs didn't get these ones. mine, all mine.

Last edited:

Tatonka3A2

Jealous!! I can see the sun there... our high today was 42°. Just a few miles from us they had over 4" of snow already. So far it is just cold here, no snow yet. Ribs look great again!!

jimsbarbecue

Looks good. I did a couple of cooks on the MAK with the full size flame zone. Measured temp with my full size flame zone shows the right side runs hotter then the left, which is all good, just knowing your cooker. With that knowledge with the MAK set at 400º I cooked the pork chops on the left side and the one thicker chop one the right and the steaks on the right side. One night apart. The pork chops are a thin cut that Sam's Club has . they were 1.88 a pound.

DSC02279-L.jpg

DSC02280-L.jpg

DSC02281-L.jpg

sparky

outstanding steaks and chops jim. love the whole flame zone lite up. mak grates on both sides. thats nice.

ACW3

Sparky, Sparky, Sparky!!! Great looking groceries, my friend. I spent last weekend in Augusta, GA eating other peoples cooks. Got to sample some really good food. Even tasted some pulled goat!! If I didn't know what it was before tasting it, I would have guessed it was pulled pork. The only thing I cooked on a pellet grill were a couple of breakfast casseroles. It was the kind of weekend that you would have enjoyed. We even made brats with Rick (Nepas). They were really good, too.

Art

Top Bottom