MAK M1 Armored Probes are made in the USA!

MAK DADDY

We have been anxiously waiting for these new probes we designed. I have been testing this one all weekend on High temps and so far it is performing perfectly. Good to 600 degrees the wires are epoxy sealed in the transition with a stainless steel over braid. The Stainless shaft is only 1/8" diameter, long enough for big cuts and plenty sharp at the point.
We will carry a 1yr ltd warranty on this probe!
MSRP $79.99
If all tests pass they will be available sometime in February

DSC_5889.jpg

DSC_5893.jpg

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

They will only work on serial numbers above 96 unless you have sent your Pellet Boss control in for reprogramming.
If you have serial number below 96 and want to purchase a new "M1 Armored Probe" I will send you a module to update your Pellet Boss program to the latest version with a return label to send it back to me for the next customer. It only takes a few minutes and will give you all the latest updates like 5 step user programs.

Last edited:

KyNola

MAK Daddy, Does the Pellet Boss need to be updated in order to use the Remote Boss? Even if it doesn't, would it benefit me to have you send me the module and update mine? If so, send it at your convenience.

Zephyr

Hey Bob, My MAK is NO# 57, do I need to update my Boss? I would like to get one of those Probes when I get my taxes back>

ZEP

Last edited by a moderator:

MAK DADDY

Yes, you would need to update your program.

All 2 Star grills under serial #96 that have not been updated would need to get the new program installed.

Biscuit

Why are the original probes being replaced or why the need to buy a new one? Mine seems to work fine. just curious.

jimsbarbecue

When I cook chicken Breast the orginal probes are good to 400º. I cook the chicken between 400º and 425º. Even at 400º the pit will go over and below 400º as it cycles. After using probes on these cooks a few times the failure rate goes up. More so if you not careful routing the wires and they get close to the front or rear. If your having no problems with the ones you have all is good. If your a gorilla when cooking with them MAK Daddy is giving you a option.

MAK DADDY

Why are the original probes being replaced or why the need to buy a new one? Mine seems to work fine. just curious.

Like Jim said, these new probes are just a much more durable option both with high temperatures and with moisture.
We will continue to send one of the current probes with grill purchases.
The M1 Armored Probes will have a 1 year warranty as well.

Last edited:

MAK DADDY

Are these still targeted for the first half of Jan?

A few updates on the probes.
1) they have been delayed due to some inconsistencies from the manufacture and we will not sell them until they are perfect! We are now expecting them to be complete sometime in February.
2) we had to change the name due to some conflicts with a current trade mark, I like M1 Armored Probe better anyway, it sounds more military :)
Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for the interest!
Bob

Top Bottom