Mangalista Pork Neck (collar) In a Tangerine Chili glaze

Big Poppa

Administrator
Playing with different meats is a blast. Also trying different breeds of the different cuts is an adventure.

Here we have a Managlista Pork Neck. We start with Butchers Honey Rub as the base,
then hit it with Lemon Pepper, followed by a TON of Tumeric and then another layer of Butchers honey rub and finally sprinkle red pepper flakes on it

Heat the MEmphis Pro to 250 and cook for about 6 hours Foiled at 165 and pulled at 175
P1000167.jpg

P1000168.jpg

P1000188.jpg

P1000190.jpg

P1000191.jpg

bflodan

I think I just found Christmas Dinner for my new MAK...Looks great!!! What sauce is that served with, or is it just left over juices?

Big Poppa

Administrator
No that is a real complex sauce that starts with the boiling of a ton of tangerines It is a tangerine chili sauce...

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yes I did the rub and the cooking of the meat Jimmy did all of the sauces...All the sauces were a joint idea...I wanted tangerine with the collar and he wanted the smoked paprika espresso with the cheeks and I pretty much came up with the smoked jalapeno peppercorn sauce idea

sparky

more yummy stuff. your so good. you should be teaching the classes. let me know when that happens. :cool:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yes from Detroit! He is a very very close friend and we cook together ...he is a master chef. This was a great meal the flavors were off the charts

Top Bottom