MAK Wings done my way

KyNola

While the MAK2 is preheating to 250 Jan and I are giving some love to some chicken wings. First thing was Carolina Treet and then Jan's Original Dry Rub.
DSCN0669.jpg

They hung out in the MAK2 at 250 for 30 minutes. Midway through they got more Jan's Original Dry Rub. Bumped the temp up to 350 for 15 minutes and here is how they looked.
DSCN0670.jpg

Fairly nice looking wings right? Wait a minute....what are they doing back in MAK2?
DSCN0671.jpg

They are back in MAK2 after having been tossed around in "Franks's Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce". MAK2 is running at around 180 as all I want it to do is apply some more smoke and just let that sauce "set". I did toss some additional Jan's Original Dry Rub on them. JODR gives additional flavor, color and with the sugar will begin to caramelize on the skin.
The finished product.
DSCN0673.jpg

Yeah, I'm making these again.

Thanks for looking.

KyNola

Thanks RickB. The skin didn't crisp up as much as I would have liked but I was more concerned about overcooking the meat itself. The skin firmed up nicely and was quite edible and not rubbery like you sometimes get when chicken is smoked at a low heat for a long period of time. The next time I may reduce the initial "smoke" time a bit and increase the higher temp time a bit to see if I can crisp up the skin a little better.

Top Bottom